Disabling Clifford Alarm???
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Disabling Clifford Alarm???

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    2003 Audi S3

Question Disabling Clifford Alarm???

Just bought a car with a Clifford Concept 500 alarm system fitted. Thing is i don't like it and i dont want it on there (because the dam thing keeps going off). The car (2001 Ibiza Cupra) has its own alarm system which i would rather use.

I want to know if it is possible to completely dissable the clifford at all?

The alarm does have an override feature which works by tapping in a code, but............ it enables its self again after you start the car

Failing that, anyone know any local ish Clifford dealers in Gloucestershire?
    Drives: 2003 Audi S3 - Custom-Code & 2003 Yamaha WR450 SUPERMOTO!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    MigWeb.co.uk
    Advertisements

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    the best car ever!
    any auto elec could do it.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Astra GSI III
    IIRC the 500 has a Starter and Ignition Immobiliser on it, so u just unplug the Clifford 500 and have a look where the white Molex Plug is then Bridge with cable between

1 2 3
    4 5 6
    7 8

OK bridge PIN 3 & 6 this disables the starter Immob
    then Bridge 2 & 5 this disables the Ignition inputs and disables the Clifford immobiliser Dont forget to pull the fuses on the + feeds too

there ya go No Clifford Working

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    2003 Audi S3
    Quote Originally Posted by kilvo
    IIRC the 500 has a Starter and Ignition Immobiliser on it, so u just unplug the Clifford 500 and have a look where the white Molex Plug is then Bridge with cable between

1 2 3
    4 5 6
    7 8

then Bridge 2 & 5 this disables the Ignition inputs and disables the Clifford immobiliser Dont forget to pull the fuses on the + feeds too

Oh my, that sounds a bit too involved for me! Car electrics NOT my strong point

Will have a ring around and see if i can get someone else to do it for me

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    2003 Audi S3
    Quote Originally Posted by htimsllib
    any auto elec could do it.
    That is encouraging news my friend, i like your way of thinking Will have a ring around

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Meriva A 1.7CDTi Breeze

1 2 3
    4 5 6
    7 8

Nice, now any dodgy car thieving scum browsing this site will know how to disable a clifford alarm!

Well done!

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Starion EX/AW11 MR2/Astra
    Find the two wires connected between the ignition switch and the starter motor, Cliffords are wired this way.
    2002 - 2013, 19,000 posts - Celebrating 11 (jesus!) sad years on MIGWEB

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    2003 Audi S3
    Quote Originally Posted by StationMiek
    Find the two wires connected between the ignition switch and the starter motor, Cliffords are wired this way.
    Cheers for the info but theres no way im messing with wires! I'm too scared to even go near the car at the mo, the dam thing beeps at me everytime i go near it!

And after i lock/arm the car i have to sneak away on tip toes or it throws a paddy.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Cars you won't like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete_GSi_16v
    Cheers for the info but theres no way im messing with wires! I'm too scared to even go near the car at the mo, the dam thing beeps at me everytime i go near it!

And after i lock/arm the car i have to sneak away on tip toes or it throws a paddy.
    Could just be an oversensitive shock sensor then. Mine used to do that until I turned it down.
    You may well find your false alarms will vanish if you adjust the shock sensor. The clifford is probably better than the car's built in alarm... given that most of those can be totally circumvented by ripping out the switch on the back of the driver's door lock barrel, and joining the wires...
    Feckoff cup!

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Corsa 1.6 16v
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete_GSi_16v
    Oh my, that sounds a bit too involved for me! Car electrics NOT my strong point

Will have a ring around and see if i can get someone else to do it for me

Exactly - I like your way of thinking! Don't touch something if you don't know what you are doing. Am having MAJOR problems with my car at the moment and its very likely to be down to some prat who had the car before me deciding to try and wire stuff himself

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Astra GSI III
    well it will take you about an hour or so to do it the way i said, so if some theif wants to stay there for an hour while the alarm goes ape **** then let him i rekon he would get caught doing it lol

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    2003 Audi S3
    Oh i don't know what to do now really, is a very good alarm and when it works its great, but when it plays up it REALLY plays up! Just wanna be able to disable it if it starts playing up. But if it were that easy then any thief could do it

Decisions decisions.........

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Corrado G60, Vectra GSi
    uninstall it all, sell it on ebay

get a proper one fitted
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny A
    if you want something done right, bodge it yourself

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Passat 130SE
    well it will take you about an hour or so to do it the way i said, so if some theif wants to stay there for an hour while the alarm goes ape **** then let him i rekon he would get caught doing it lol

an hour for an authorised person to do it properly but not some one else

If you want to pass information like this please do it by pm not for the world to see

Maybe you one day

Drives
    gte v6
    ffs i cant be doing with interfering dogooders. this info is pretty easy to find and as said will take a while to do ,its not like they are gonna work on a car for 5 minutes with the alarm going off. and even with the alarm silenced they aint gonna spend more than 15 mins bypassing the immobilisors (fact)so get a life and go talk crap some where else
    "BRITISH " IS NOT A PREFIX

Drives
    gte v6
    to gain access to any car put a brick through the window

oh bugger ive just told everyone how to break into a car !! what was i thinking
    "BRITISH " IS NOT A PREFIX

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    2003 Audi S3
    Thanks for your input guys, gunna get it removed professionaly and stick it on ebay as there is no need for this level of security in my area. The standard Seat alarm & immob (with microchipped keys) will do me just fine

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Starion EX/AW11 MR2/Astra
    Basically, on the Clifford, the alarm system is spliced into the ignition to start motor wiring. It's simple, but I don't blame you for not wanting to get involved with it!!
    2002 - 2013, 19,000 posts - Celebrating 11 (jesus!) sad years on MIGWEB

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    GT
    Quote Originally Posted by graham16v
    Nice, now any dodgy car thieving scum browsing this site will know how to disable a clifford alarm!

Well done!
    Don't be so nieve mate. The type of people that nick cars will already know this and much more.

MIGWeb User
    Drives

Clifford

Hi Mate,

On your alarm, you should have something called valet mode. This switches the whole alarm off. On your key alarm fob, you have to press two buttons together. Now this depends on how the fob has been configured. So just press any two, the alarm light in your car will stay permantly on, this is now in valet mode. To put your alarm back on, press the two buttons again, and your alarm will now be back on. Hope this helps.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    2003 Audi S3
    Quote Originally Posted by hsjatt
    Hi Mate,

On your alarm, you should have something called valet mode. This switches the whole alarm off. On your key alarm fob, you have to press two buttons together. Now this depends on how the fob has been configured. So just press any two, the alarm light in your car will stay permantly on, this is now in valet mode. To put your alarm back on, press the two buttons again, and your alarm will now be back on. Hope this helps.
    The car does have valet mode, but.......... valet mode deactivates automatically after you put the key in the ignition So i would have to switch to valet mode every time i exit the car. Good thought though

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Have you got a manual with the alarm? Because when put into valet mode, it should stay in valet mode until you disable it. Yours has been set up differently. Have a look in the manual and it will tell you how to set it, so valet mode is set how you want it. Its from the ignition and also the keypad thing, i think. Its been a long time since i messed with it. But it should tell you in your manual.
    Once mine is in valet mode, it stays, i can start the car, drive, lock it all in valet mode until i switch it off, and then the alarm activates.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Pug 205GTI Yamaha R6
    He Will Have A 5 Button G5 Remote

to Put On Valet Mode With Key Fob

Press * Then Unlock/padlock Button

Or

Press ** Then Unlock/padlock Button
    MK3 Cavalier Breaking, Tinted windows, 18" alloys, 60mm Suspension Kit, Leather, Rear E/W, E/SR, EBC discs, Braided Hoses, Turbo Dash, S/S & Titanium Exhaust, Sparco fuel Cap, Combat Kit http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/vauxh...ml#post2790995

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Pug 205GTI Yamaha R6
    If Your Valet Mode Resets It Self Someone Has Wired The Clifford Wrong
    MK3 Cavalier Breaking, Tinted windows, 18" alloys, 60mm Suspension Kit, Leather, Rear E/W, E/SR, EBC discs, Braided Hoses, Turbo Dash, S/S & Titanium Exhaust, Sparco fuel Cap, Combat Kit http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/vauxh...ml#post2790995

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    ralliart galant VR-4
    The Clifford concept 500 as with all clifford Cat 1 alarms drop out of valet mode the next time you turn on the ignition. They have done this for the past 6 years. If your clifford stays in valet then its because its not a G4 or G5 cat 1. The concept 500 is a very good alarm, so in my opinion you should keep it. It sounds lke the dual zone prox is set too high. Take it to ou local clifford dealer for a check up, or go to cliffords website and dowload the full manual. In my experience with them, if the alarm goes off, press the button once. don't keep pressing it as it goes into panic. Hope thi is of use to you
    Rolling on DUBS 22" on black ml

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast