Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

hi.... just finished my install

2K views 35 replies 10 participants last post by  cdo1uk 
#1 ·
See less See more
#4 ·
thanks, the yellow top is very good, has much more staying power than the normal type....

i may join up, and yes all my own work.... well me and my dad :D . i would like to see some other guys with omegas tho, see what else has been done...

#5 ·
sold mine 2 years ago, 2x 15's, 4x 6.5 infinity comp sets, 2x 4" kenwoods with tweeters, rockford 700's amp and rockford 400.4 with 2x 1.0 farad caps one on each amp. 3x 7" screens, (dash, roof and boot) and an x-box. lowered 70mm rear 50mm front running on lenso dtm2's with 235 40 17 rubber. 3.0 up front with piper high torque cams, filter and cat back exhaust. i guess i still have that soft spot ;)
no longer have pics of her :(

#6 ·
shame, i would like to have seen it, sounds very nice...... was gonna go for a 3.0 myself, but wanted something thats not too thirsty, thus the baby 2.0.... still, sounds very nice and ive not run it in yet :)

#7 ·
cdo1uk said:
shame, i would like to have seen it, sounds very nice...... was gonna go for a 3.0 myself, but wanted something thats not too thirsty, thus the baby 2.0.... still, sounds very nice and ive not run it in yet :)
3.0 was 'very' thirsty 0.6 gallons per hr... on tickover :eek: but it drove superb and had a great look (if i do say so myself) my first real stab at an install in a good car.

here she is... i found a pic.

#19 ·
one thing i thought about over night is, with my 2x 15's i found the bass very hard to hear inide the car. i mean there is a massive difference from what you can hear in the boot to inside the car. how have you got the box for the 10's running (ported or sealed) and do you have the same problem?

#25 ·
ive run it in now so gonna start turning the amps up tomorrow...

MYSTERY... if your at the grasshopper meet then you can hear it....

the boot is still usable too, but i dont think i could bring myself to putting things on those amps :)

thanks for the input tho guys.

#26 ·
Looks really nice - i love the JL brand, especially the w7 - best looking sub ever.
(not that it's about hos it looks!)

How have you constructed the box? are they both mounted in the same air or have you made 2 chambers in there?

Also, those amp boxes look huge - did you have to bring them that far out to avoid the wheel arches or was it a conscious design idea?

Only reason i ask is because i'm seriously considering having an Omega next year, and that's a very similar setup to what i'd want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.