Corsa B
    my method works...

2. Remove Advertisements
    MigWeb.co.uk
    Advertisements

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    2005 Zafira 1800
    I removed the grubscrews on my vectra then screwed a four self tappers (thin ones) into the holes. Screw them in so you have about half an inch sticking out then wrap some string round and pull!! It popped out straight away!! (i used this method when i could not find my removal keys!!!)

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Quote Originally Posted by madfrenchgirl
    doh... if you read the thread, I said I bought the stupid tool and nothing comes out...

a friend of a friend told us to put some very thin flat screwdrivers on the sides, saying it might help release the darn thing. My BF will bring back some glass fibre for that.
    I did read the thread, I was saying what worked for me

If you read my post you'll see that I suggested deepening the notches. IMHO these are the key to it as they hook in and let you pull it out. You can faff with screwdrivers and coathangers as much as you want, they don't have the notches.

If somebody takes the time to post, that's not really the nicest way to thank them - still, sorry if my suggestion didn't cut it...
    Last edited by Martin-T16S; 11-05-2005 at 19:39.

Drives
    Cavalier GSI Tu
    hi everyone, i am new here.

I have the same prob on a corsa r reg LS. The radio wont come out. We removed the grub screws, bought the sodding keys from Halfords (who were complete asses to me cos I was a female), put the keys in, click, pull them out while directing them towards the doors and nothing came out. obviously the keyx came out bent.

We tried that again with pulling the radio thru the tape player but again nothing. We even tried to pull it and push it with a screwdriver at the back at the same time, but still nothing. The blooming thing wont come out, it seems it is stuck in the panel as the front panel wiggles with it.

HELP!
    Have you got the radio out yet?

Where abouts are you,is there anyone near who could help you?
    You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    One of my mates who 'knows about cars' tried to take the radio out a corsa for a girl at his work. He spent about 2 hours fiddling with the keys and the catching teeth must have broke off so he brought it round to mine claiming vaux sold him the wrong keys. I took him round to vauxhall and they were the right keys so I tried it. Couldnt use the keys so I opened the bitch up with an air chisel after he left. Felt good destroying that crappy grundig unit untill I realised I should have disconnected the battery.

But yeah, just wreck it out
    Last edited by fragpot; 12-05-2005 at 04:11.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    ok we deided yestersay to reap the front off the radio to see what was going on behind... my boyfriend pulled v hard and the effing radio finally came out!!!

now the problem is the wiring plugs dont match: eg 2 small and a larger one on the cage and 1 small 1 large on the new radio.

The pins on the old radio do not match like those on the new one.

The aerial on the new one is female and so is the one on the cage.

I have phoned the helpline and they were so arsy that I hang up on the rude guy. They told me i needed and adaptor for the aerial but that we needed to take off the black cage to plug the wires, and he sustained that the wire plugs matched. I am so fed up being treated like an idiot just because I am a woman. My BF is a qualified engineer (not in electronics obvioulsy) but he could not get his head round it and was getting mor eupset than I was.

HELP!!!

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Fettled Octy vRS.
    you need an adaptor available from any car audio shop

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    i guessed about the aerial, just thinking the pins and plugs not matching??? and the rude guy teling us we had to undo the bolt at the bototm of the cage... WHY and HOW?

I swear this guy was the most unhelpful ever, told me to go to a fitting shop! What kind of customer service is that: "oh we cant be bothered explaingin things to you, just go and pay 20 quids more to get it fitted".

Enough with the ranting now... What the heck am I supposed to do?

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Vectra/Sunbeam/Nova
    You will need to remove the cage as they tend to be matched to the stereo, nip into halfords it should have everything you need and only be a couple of quid ontop of a hunting arround price
    Failed mot on indicator bulbs not being orange enough DOH

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Fettled Octy vRS.
    Calm down dear...

/michael winner

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    LOL Andrew... i was about to tell that to someone at work the other day...

Thx Assassin, but I guess I will let the BF do the talking (and reminding him every 5 secs of what we actually need)... Do you have any magical formula to make sure I am being taken seriously as a female next time?

Drives
    Cavalier GSI Tu
    In the car there should be three blocks, 2 the same size and one larger one.Which stereo do you have is it new or second hand? Does it have its own leads already?If it has the only part you should need is the aerial adaptor.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Vectra/Sunbeam/Nova
    Do you have any magical formula to make sure I am being taken seriously as a female next time?
    Have you tied growing a penis?

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    tastefully funny Assassin... I guess i could go disguised as a blocke but I would not be able to hide my boobs... ;-)

I bought a new CD player Goodmans, Turbo.

The back of the black case, still attached to the corsa, has 2 plugs the same size and one larger. The Goodmans CD Player has 1 small plug and one larger. It was provided with 2 sets of extra wires attached to a similar small plug but I guess that is for older cars. The pins on the older radio are not in the same position as the new one.

The rude bloke on the phone told me I had to remove the black cage but was not bothered to tell me how and why.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Vectra/Sunbeam/Nova
    there should be a bolt in the bottom of the cage in the centre about 10mm you'll need a socket set with a longish extention, you change the cage as the goodmans one will flap about in the cage as it doesnt have the same attaching points as the original stereo you use the cage thats provided with the goodmans unit

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Thx Assassin, I bet by cage provided with Goodmans, you mean the ring, sor of half cage. I guess it has to go to the front, doesnt it?

what about the plugs?

Drives
    Cavalier GSI Tu
    To remove the black cage in the car there should be a screw/torx or bolt at the back of the cage once you have removed the screw you can pinch the cage in the middle to release it from the car and pull it away.The only problem you might have is the cables in the back of the cage wont be long enough to come all the way out so you'll have to release these first,which are held in by plastic clips which you should be able to get to with a long flat blade screw driver.Thew reason you have to remove the cage is the Goodmans one isnt designed to fit in the Vauxhall cage but Goodmans should have supplied a new one with the radio.As for the connectors is there any way you can get a picture as i thought they should be ISO standard which is what is in the Vauxhall.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    soz i have tried to find a pic but cant find any...

What puzzles me the most is just having one small plug while there are 2 of them clipped in the cage...

I guess pin positions are different from one model to another...

Drives
    Cavalier GSI Tu
    Whats the exact model of the Goodmans?

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    GCE 7103 CD

the very basic and cheap one

Drives
    Cavalier GSI Tu
    Has anyone got a camera phone so you could get pics as i have looked on the inter-net and cant find any info on that model.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    nope , oh well

We know someone who might be able to help and we might see him next week, so i guess a coupla days more wont hurt me

Drives
    Cavalier GSI Tu
    Where abouts is the car?

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    I am in Farnborough

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    so a bit far from Nottingham I am afraid....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast