Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Nova Turbo vs ?????

1K views 47 replies 17 participants last post by  MARK BEESON 
#1 ·
Got a 274 bhp at the wheels nova running 16psi, LSD yet to be fitted.

Not had a decent match against any other car yet, but getting p***ed off with peoples remarks, 'its not that quick my rs turbo will beat urs'. I may be wrong but alot of people under estimate turbo novas. One lad said his 1.3 sr on twin 40's would beat it....told him the sleep on it.

I know a few guys on here have got turbo novas or have seen em go, even tho i own one i just wanna hear your stories or what car mines comparable against if the conditions were right.

What you beat, car and BHP? and whats your BHP?

cheers

#28 ·
scooby said:
Mark, any advice would be gladly taken, apart from the poly bushes what do you recommend to do.

lower tie bar brakets? Strenghen TCA? What camber adjustement kits best and where from? Price?

Ive done all of the above except the camber mod.I get very good tyre wear and grip so i havnt needed to look at this mod.Seems like you know more about it than me.TCA's are easy to do or buy from HarryHockley. Its only a plate welded to the bottom of the TCA.Corsa have this from std.Athough I think they are designed to crumple in a crash.So if you did bump it the chassis would bend instead.Ive got poly pushes all round except the rear beam which i havnt got round to yet
I do like the look of the uniballs though but there a bit pricey.I can get std ones for £3lmao Think there are £200 the pair

#30 ·
yeah but thats group a rally novas, running on gravel etc, think they are overkill for the road personally, but if i was very rich i'd have a set, poly bushes are a very good idea, and if you want to adjust camber cheaply, you can get eccentrically stepped bolts for the strut lower mounting bolts which allows you to adjust camber, bout 40 quid iirc, rose joints are the best you can get though, as this allows total adjustment of the suspension to get the best out of your car, walshy has these on his nova, set up by bat motorsport and his nova handles really well! but they are noisy and road use will wear them out fairly quickly, not stopping me getting them though;)

#34 ·
I go to Santa pod in mine and that like going off road.

#41 ·
yeah, saw that and though BAS**RD! thats exactly what i'm after, ah well i'll keep trawling the motorsport press etc, cheers anyways, post up the pics of the twin engined one when its done, sounds mental!:beer:

#42 ·
scooby said:
Got a 274 bhp at the wheels nova running 16psi, LSD yet to be fitted.

Not had a decent match against any other car yet, but getting p***ed off with peoples remarks, 'its not that quick my rs turbo will beat urs'. I may be wrong but alot of people under estimate turbo novas. One lad said his 1.3 sr on twin 40's would beat it....told him the sleep on it.

I know a few guys on here have got turbo novas or have seen em go, even tho i own one i just wanna hear your stories or what car mines comparable against if the conditions were right.

What you beat, car and BHP? and whats your BHP?

cheers
In the case of a Turbo Nova, its going to be a learning experience, you are going to get beaten by a lot of cars before you get to learn to drive it properly.

If you were already upto speed of say 60mph, then, you would have a fair chance of beating a lot of stuff on the road without too many problems.

Your problems are always going to come from your take off. Until you learn how to drive it through the gears to its maximum potential without wheelspinning it, you are going to be embarrased or playing catch up.

My advice to you would be to go pratice on your own, learning the limitations and what you can and cannot do, then take it out at beat everyone.

In a Turbo Nova, its quite possible to be wheelspinning all the way thru third, and whilst that sounds cool, if its spinning, theres no bloody traction.

Learn how to control it low down, and you'll be laughing.

#43 ·
Not true I get a bit of wheelspin in 1st hardly any in second and 3rd i have no probs .

Trick is to get into trird as soon as you can.Once in trird theres no stopping you.
Then again if you are talking about wet conditions then thats another matterlmao

#44 ·
Well....

MARK BEESON said:
Not true I get a bit of wheelspin in 1st hardly any in second and 3rd i have no probs .

Trick is to get into trird as soon as you can.Once in trird theres no stopping you.
Then again if you are talking about wet conditions then thats another matterlmao
Thats some feat then, because I've seen it done in a standard Cavalier Turbo with a shagged TXB, and it was wheelspinning thru 2nd in the dry.

Nova is particularly lighter, so unless you know how to drive a LET Nova properly, wheelspinning into 3rd is a piece of p!ss

#46 ·
I beleive the currant fastest turboed nova is the Issacunt mint blue car with engine and autronic managment prepared by angry turbo co.

This car has launch and traction control and has done a 13.1 up the pod with 30 degree ambiant temperature-

not bad considering its only has 8 valves

The best time set by an LET nova I beleave to be 13.2.

if you get into the 13.5's I would consider yourself doing very well.

"turbo nova vs turbo nova" sounds good to me due to the light weight and big power nothing can really live with the little b#sta#d things.

#47 ·
With 274 at the wheels there aint much that would catch up when ur moving.I went to a corsasport meet a while ago in Hemel Heampstead with my brother, and his mate has a corsa with 260 bhp at the flywheel and 75 bhp of nos he stayed on a dodge vipers bumper from 50 mph up to 140 mph or sumin and then he ran out of gears.Yours cant be far off that with 274 at the wheels.

#48 ·
Re: Well....

Galahad said:
Thats some feat then, because I've seen it done in a standard Cavalier Turbo with a shagged TXB, and it was wheelspinning thru 2nd in the dry.

Nova is particularly lighter, so unless you know how to drive a LET Nova properly, wheelspinning into 3rd is a piece of p!ss
Ha It helps if you can drive.
Dont get me wrong if you want to sit there wheels spinning you can. I thought the idea is to get from point to point as fast as you can.I have had it spin in 4th but whats the piont knowing my luck ill brake my 3rd engine mount or 7th driveshaft or 3rd gearbox.They are abit fragile i.e HANDLE WITH CARE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.