Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

C20LET Problem (I think)

718 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  JamesR 
#1 ·
I seem to be having a problem with my cav turbo. The engines been running well for a while now, but over the last couple of days it's started to idle high at about 1500rpm. It also seems to be running very heavy on fuel. Having said all that, it's also started going like a train, noticeably quicker than before. Has anyone got any thoughts on what might be causing this?

#4 ·
Where is the idle control valve located? I've never done anything with it, so I don't even know where it is or what it looks like.

Should mention that I tried an ecu reset and it's made no difference. There were no fault codes other than 116 (over boost) stored, and I've rectified that problem.

Where is the coolant temperature sensor located, and is there any way of testing it?

Thanks for the pointers.

#5 ·
coolant sensor is next to the stat (left front)Not the on with one blue wire thats the dash one.The 2 pin plug one

#7 ·
Right, I've cleaned and tested the CTS and all seems fine there, but it hasn't solved the problem. Fuel economy is going through the floor now, about 18 - 19 MPG!! It was running a comfortable 26+ only last week. It's becoming a real problem, I can't afford to be spending 20 quid a night on petrol. HELP!!!

#9 ·
Yep have a look on cavweb for testing you lamda sensor.

Get a meter on two of the three wires on the plug on the bulkhead and get a reading.
lean 0.3 - 0.9 rich

Mine was running 0.26 and i was getting 16mpg on the trip taking it very easy.

I got a universal one from halfords for £25 and it paid for itself with the fuel saving in the first week.
It lists a extension wire so it reaches from the downpipe to the bulkhead but you will find it is still too short ( so dont buy it) so use your original lamda loom and patch it into the new sensor so it joins at the bulkhead

HTH???

J

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.