Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

cally turbo boost settings

2K views 40 replies 10 participants last post by  Bren 
#1 ·
i've just bought a standard cally turbo. could someone plz tell me what's the highest boost i could run without ****ing up the car??
thanx......

#2 ·
Leave it standard, do not touch the boost settings!!! The car is set up just right for the present settings....now modification is your next move, chargecooler/intercooler, unichip, after market chips etc the list is endless. For the mean time leave well alone!;)

#3 ·
RDS said:
Leave it standard, do not touch the boost settings!!! The car is set up just right for the present settings....
tsk tsk Rob..... thats not how to do it.

The standard boost setting should be set to 0.8bar (11.76psi) on overboost (given at initial acceleration) and then it will immediately fall to 0.5-0.6bar (8.5psi) on normal boost.

If your car is not making this then you can safely up this boost with no problems to the above levels but NO HIGHER

Have you fitted a boost gauge to the car to see what its running ??

#6 ·
dilly said:
i've just bought a standard cally turbo. could someone plz tell me what's the highest boost i could run without ****ing up the car??
thanx......
this implies that you want to run more than the manufacturer's recommended boost.

There's a rumour going around that these engines could originaly produce 400bhp+ but the marketing department wouldn't allow this to happen.
So as a service to the public (and avoid damage to the surface of public roads etc) they restricted boost real low.

...But a smart guy can always undo a screw and unleash all that power out in the wild!

Is this what you're about?

#14 ·
dilly said:
put a boost gauge on it today......it was only boosting at 0.4 bar. so i'm going to ajust it now. cheers
If it can only do 0.4 bar, maybe the actuator is weak.
Readjusting it might not be a good idea, because the spring will still be weak and might flutter or whatever.

Why don't you go for a new actuator, maybe an upgraded one, which you will be able to adjust to a higher setting once you've sorted out chipping, fueling and cooling

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.