Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

RDS' head...

3K views 80 replies 16 participants last post by  Chris_H42 
#1 ·
#9 ·
Any BHP/Torque figures with these heads ?

What spec/stage do you take the head's too ?

What type of turn-around time are you looking at for an XE coscast head being run in an LET situation ?

Thanks

Tom

#10 ·
tomturbo said:
Any BHP/Torque figures with these heads ?

What spec/stage do you take the head's too ?

What type of turn-around time are you looking at for an XE coscast head being run in an LET situation ?

Thanks

Tom
He has another one of mine to do first:p Tom he does a good job of the head and does an even better job of trying to kill himself with his power toolslmao

#12 ·
Rob's there is pretty much stage 3 - but no increase on the valve size - otherwise, you name it, it's done :) - that one it ported right out to the seat angles so is going for a recut - but the valves would still lap back in just fine - Robs probably going for 400bhp though so best not to take the chance.

I work slowly... 2-3 weeks turnaround typically - this isn't a day job, plus if I feel myself getting fed up or starting to think like I might begin to rush it, I stop :)

bare heads preferred - that lets you see right in as well, so no tricks ;)

#14 ·
so how hard is it to do what ur doing Gary? Didn't think using a dremel is what it's all about. Must need great eye co-ordination etc so no over trimming ain't done init :cool: How much do you charge or should i say how much is RDS paying you for this bit of skill?

#23 ·
Dremel, lol, a dremel or drill is ok if your doing 1 head but you need somehting beefier if you do them every day.

Also I know where Garys coming from, when you port heads day in and out and build bloody engines it soon gets to you so like he says get up walk away, watch Trisha or Neighbours or something go back and do a bit more, or leave it a few days.

I have been turning work away for ages but now starting to take it on, got an A series and an energy head sitting there waiting to be done. Thankfully neither are needed which is just as well cos I have no carbide cutters, or compressor any more due to selling/breaking them when I got proper fed up.

Stages, what the hel are stages? Feck all the most stupid thing ever if you ask me.

Gary mate charge more! 100 quid a head, pah! Double or treble that.

Any pics of the ports? More curiostiy than anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.