I drove the car over 100 miles yesterday without a problem or any symptoms what so ever. Came to the car this morning and it wouldnt start, it just turns over and doesn't fire at all!!!!
Battery went flat after a while so used jump leads. I have checked all fuses and relays and all visible plugs and connections. All are ok. There seems to be no fuel getting through as i cannot smell fuel at all and there are no fumes coming from the exhaust.
Called out the AA and they checked all fuses, relays and visible connections confirming they are all ok. He discovered that there is no spark at all. He said that there is a signal coming from the ecu but isnt firing. I rememember him saying that the fuel pump relay was getting very warm while trying to start it but tested it and said it was still ok.
He has arranged to have the car towed to the nearest vauxhall dealer in the morning.
Does anyone have any ideas or had a similar problem at all?
The AA man says its electrical and probably something small and nothing to worry about. The car is a 98' S Omega Elite 2.5 petrol.