Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Fuel pump mod on td actually lowered performance

555 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  ydg27 
#1 ·
hiya
i have just removed the o-ring in the fuel pump like corsaweb.co.uk said to do to increase performance & i am well dissappointed because it lowered the performance - has anyone else encountered this problem? and the amount of smoke is unbelievable as well - my boost seems to have dropped & will not adjust & i dont know what to do

#4 ·
how do i turn the fuelling down because i took it to a place called cargo in stoke & they upped the fuelling for me on the max fuel screw & i know the tamper cover has been removed and the screw is exposed but i dont know which way to turn it to decease the fuelling

#7 ·
ok i will start again, by the sounds of things the fuelling is too low.

screw the max fuel screw in half a turn.

then go try it

you say you were running 20 psi before the mod, thats very strange, sounds like the fuelling may have been done before on that engine cos there is noway you could get that much boost from standard fuelling.

how did you get the polo out without cutting it off, had to do that on mine!!!

any more probs best off emailing me
kris_pringle@hotmail.com

#9 ·
i took the inlet manifold off - dead easy once that is off!
and i had the fuelling uprated before i did this mod by a company called cargo (in portshill stoke) then i removed the boost protection and i am running 20psi then i did the fuel pump by removing the "polo" and i lost power - i cant understand it

what actually does remving the "polo" do?

#10 ·
the polo is the restricter. when i did mine first of all i didnt take out the polo and it hardly made any difference to performance. you sure you didnt damage something in the fuel pump?

if i turn my fuelling up so it smokes loads then it does go quicker. im not sure what uve done. do what you suggested and start again.

#13 ·
ey up i cant understand this!
i've put the polo back in and put the dimple back in & there is more black smoke than i had before i touched the pump but ****ing hell does she go - jesssus wept.
i will uprate the max fuelling again and run 20lbs boost
can i run anymore boost than this or wont it be safe?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.