Increasing capacity of small block 1.6 8v???
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Increasing capacity of small block 1.6 8v???

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Nova e16se turbo

Increasing capacity of small block 1.6 8v???

As above. I know from searching that a place called demon engines increased the capacity of a 1.6 to 1780cc and it had 180bhp but does anyone know for how much!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    MigWeb.co.uk
    Advertisements

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    with such an abundance of 1800 and 2000 engines sitting in scrap yards and 50 quid snotters all over britain, is it really cost effective to over bore and stroke a 1600 ?

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Nova e16se turbo
    But in my case I have a 1.6 turbo with a low compression head and hybrid t25 turbo. Soon it will have a massive front mounted intercooler like this and 3d mapped 5th and 6th injector. I should be able to get a bar of boost out of it anymore and the rods will break. Boring to a 1.8 would give more power! Can it be done? What about a different bottom end?

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Monterey 3.1 Diamond
    changing the bottom end would mean going from a small block to a big block which would mean new mounts and driveshafts to suit the change in block size, also a new gearbox for a large block engine would be needed with appropriate mounts. And thats before any mods are done!!lmao lmao

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    95 Daewoo Cielo 1.5 GLE
    Hey CMatty, the idea of Hot Rodding (yeah that's what it is!) a car is not JUST to make it go fast...but to have something unique too. Go for it dude! Keep at it until you find that shop that can open up that 1.6 to 1.8
    Cogito Ergo Sum...

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    nova 1.8 16v on tbs
    the only trouble is you start making reliability issues. the walls between the bores would be a bit thin and may cause the headgasket to blow more easily, maybe even not let you run the same boost levels, making less power

+ Reply to Thread