Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Switching fuel pump relay to imobilise car?

683 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  MikeT 
#1 ·
I want to do a quick and dirty:D imobilise of my car using the feed to the fuel pump to stop the engine from being started.
Will the ecu detect the relay as a fault and bring up a fault on the dash?
Any other quick and easy ways using just a relay that has to be energised vai a hidden switch to imobilise? I want to also have the normal red flashing LED on 1 pole of the relay when the car is imobilised too.
I intend to use a timer relay so its self setting after say 20 secs of ign off, manual switch reset to enable car starting.

Cheers.

MikeT.

G
#3 ·
Find the fuel pump fuse in the fuse box and put a switch inline with one of the wires so that when the switch is on it would be like having no fuse in it. The car will start with the fuel thats in the lines but after about 10 seconds it will just die and be out of fuel.

When ever I go on holiday I allways remove things like that just incase ;)

#5 ·
On the renaults renault fitted a switch to immobilise either the igntion (the more usual) or the fuel pump. Depends on the mood othe fitters I think.

Theres a daft wee toggle switch that does the job. Not the best set up either, a switch with a couple of crappy wires crimped in and if your very lucky they may be soldered on, rare though.

So aye thats fine.

Chris

#6 ·
Thanks guys, I have some surface mount very thin switches here so I can mount one under some trim or carpet somewhere to trigger the electronic timer relay reset. That should work a treat, turn ign off and even if you leave the keys in the ign, within say 20secs the timer times out, red LED starts to flash, fuel relay is inhibited and the only way to restart will be with ign on and press the trim switch point.

Job almost done:D

MikeT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.