Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Ecotec problems again

446 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Andy McS 
#1 ·
Hi folks sorry to bore you with this again but she aint running again.We can only assume that all the wiring is all present and correct as a week or two it was running fine when i got my new ECU and loom,Thanks AJBek!
I wasnt sure of the injector pulse before as the engine wasnt running before,it would start and then die almost instantly as if the Immobilised ECU was cutting the injector pulse.
The Cat 1 alarm guy came yesterday and put me in a Toad Cat1 with a lazerline tilt sensor.But when i put the battery back in it and tried to start it it kept on starting and dying.
So assume the wiring is correct what is worth checking on the 1.6 16V Ecotec bar the obvious things.I assume all the wiring to be correct.
I dont have the hot air thing connected,should i?i dont think this is causing the problem but maybe.
So what is worth checking ,bar the obvious,on this engine as im running out of ideas!:(
bloody cars nearly ready to go as well:confused:

#3 ·
No mate sorry i wasnt clearer.It was lying with no battery in it for a couple of weeks since i had it running.I put the battery back in and he asked me to run if.it didnt ,it only tried to then died.
Also since i have changed the wiring over to the mk3 dash with mk2 loom, the hazard switch works but the indicators dont???
I may have to have a look behind the tape i ve loomed the cables with to see if there is a broken connection or anything.Would still rather try anything mechanical/worth checking if people wanna fire ideas at me.
Cheers
Andy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.