Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

where to get arp rod and head bolts

794 views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  WallaceP 
#1 ·
Who would people recomend as the cheapest supplier for ARP rod and head bolts for a C20XE/LET

Chip

#5 ·
Its a lot cheaper than the std ones failing thats for sure!
Cost me more than that for the sets i bought recently for a couple of my other cars, so im not bothered at that price.
How much are the head bolts anyone know?

Chip

#8 ·
chip said:
I want ARP head bolts also, not standard ones.
Then you'll be getting the ARP head STUD kit (i.e studs with nuts that go on the top). I have a set of these.

It is mostly availble for about £90-110 mark.

TBH you don't really need them unless yo're gonna take youhead off loads of time and are worrying about ruining the threads in the block. I have never heard of the OE ones failing. The only other advantage with the ARP's is that they aren't streatch bolts - so you have a more straight forward tightening sequence.

NOTE: Regal do a head bolt kit for (IIRC) about £70/80. I do not think they are actually ARP bolts, but rather ones Regal as 'are the same/comparable' as ARP's. Up to you if you wanna go for these.

Are you the Chip from the Highpower site?

#9 ·
I want ARP ones because the head will be coming on and off a couple of time and i prefer a torque setting to all this angle torque crap, also the ultimate clamping pressure they exert is actaully slightly higher than the standard ones so they stop the head floating at high revs.

Also the fact they are re-useable is a big plus as it means i dont have to keep buying them as i like to take the heads off my cars now and then and inspect things, so i tend to use a re-useable head gasket and studs so i can do that without cost.

Yes im same chip from the highpower site.

Chip

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.