Strange petrol smell on Cav solved
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Strange petrol smell on Cav solved

73bhp MK4 Astra POS

Strange petrol smell on Cav solved

Hopefully ...........

The new cav had a few problems when I first bought it but the garage I got it from balanced the tyres for nothing (wobbly wheels) and went halves on a new water pump - it was peeing it out after 2 days of having the car.

I thought I'd found the strange petrol smell problem - the hoses on the injection system were slightly loose but after another 100 miles, the petrol smell was back with vengance.

I took it into a local garage who couldnt find anything wrong with it, took it to the local vaux garage who were also stumped (didnt charge me though).

The car was in need of a service anyway so I got some new plugs etc for it and lo and behold - the old plugs could be unscrewed by hand !!!! It must have been pushing a bit of fuel vapour out every now and again cos new plugs torqued up correctly seem to have solved the problem

Worth checking if you've got the same problem

2. Remove Advertisements

MIGWeb User
    Zafira VXR STAGE 2
    lucky ur plug didnt come through your bonnet kiddo ,, our kids did .. looked like it had been shot lmao lmao

bye the way.. i would have insisted the garahe paid for the entire pump job for your troubles
    Im a Daddy Wahoooo

+ Reply to Thread