Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 20NE Turbo Conversion

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Something different

Votes: 5 45.5%

Engine possibilities for Manta B

551 views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Andy K 
#1 ·
Trying to think this one out, i know an XE is possible into a manta, i was also thinking about an LET if i felt rich, or maybe even a 2.0 8v turbo conversion like Matheus has on a 20NE. Or maybe even something else such as a straight six (yes i know theyre heavy!) or a V6 (heavy too!) Just exploring my options :D

Any ideas welcome

#4 ·
Thanks Animal and Chris, I was only thinking something else apart from an XE cos i already have these engines in my Astra and Cav. Will see how it goes, apart from the engine and a manta 1.8 box? and the clutch/flywheel possibly, is there anything else i need? I'm also guessing custom engine mounts etc.

Gaz

#6 ·
Gaz said:
Thanks Animal and Chris, I was only thinking something else apart from an XE cos i already have these engines in my Astra and Cav. Will see how it goes, apart from the engine and a manta 1.8 box? and the clutch/flywheel possibly, is there anything else i need? I'm also guessing custom engine mounts etc.

Gaz
you'd be surprised how much more usable the power is.

#9 ·
lmao

Yeah a standard XE would be nice, i've heard they kick out near on 170 (dont quote me on that) bhp because of the rear wheel drive manifold arrangement etc? as for the 'something else' option it would be a nice idea to put something mad like a v8 into it, i will have a budget set of about £1000 quite easily, stretching higher of course if it was the C20LET option. 20NE turbo interests me as i have no experience of turbo engines, although as Animal said the power delivery of N/A would be smoother with the turbo not kicking in etc. Any more ideas on 'something else'?

#10 ·
Animal said:
lmao, get a cossie, ford boy :p
Cheeky sod :D , XE's and LET's have been done to death. Haven't seen many YB's in mantas - should be good. Not that it would be a problem for the other engines but the YB block is already the correct way round, makes it especially easy if it's turboed.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.