Had to strip my throttle bodies back off today. From reading the instructions I had understood that when fitting the new inlet manifold one of the head studs would foul the manifold so you couldn’t fit the nut, but in real life I found it impossible to fit 3 of them (the middle 3 at the top). I wasn’t too happy about this as I was worried about possible air leaks later on despite the fact the car ran fine. I was talking to someone last week who suggested removing the manifold studs and fitting cap head bolts as they are (allegedly) easier to tighten in confined spaces. I got three M8 cap heads yesterday and went to fit them today as I have a long weekend for easter. The strip down went well enough but I had problems removing the studs, as I couldn’t get the old “lock two nuts together and loosen” trick to work. I called a mate for help but he was away for the weekend, luckily his dad (who has forgotten more about cars than I know) came round with a stud extractor and helped me get the studs out. I then had great fun tightening the cap head bolts up. I ended up using the long end of an allen key with mole grips to turn them about 1/8 of a revolution at a time. Took ages, but they are tight now. I also secured the vacuum servo connections better as they were a bit loose. I put everything back together and thankfully the car started first time. I took the car for a run and it may be my imagination but it seemed to start and idle better, as well as have improved low speed pick up with less kangarooing, but that may because I rebalanced them. I’m away to sit down and watch the F1 qualifying which I taped while out at the car, as my legs are refusing to work after bending over an engine bay all morning.