Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

coilpack connector

9K views 41 replies 7 participants last post by  DAZ 4 
#1 ·
is it 3 or 4 pin?
and are there 3 wires (even if its a 4pin connector)
ta
and no, its not for me :p

#27 ·
Rob - Thanks for your patience :)

If I use the 16V dizzy, surely it needs some sort of electrical input going to it (the black plug) which is what I thought the blue plug (8V) does at the moment coming from the amplifier.

Or are you saying that I would cut the blue plug off and put a 4 pin plug on and connect to the 4 pin minitimer on the MBE unit ?

Once again appologies for not grasping this subject fully :(

Darren

#28 ·
hehe :D

the blue plug wont play a part in the MBE setup. you wont need it and it wont be in the loom.
its actually an output for the ecu to know TDC point....crank sensor gives this info now and the mbe uses only that.

the 4 pin amplifier i am on about it purely for the coil and its labelled as 1 in your photo

ps whats that blue canister thing between the battery and coil? oil catch? looks good

#30 ·
£8!! nice!
the 4 pin goes onto your existing part no 1 in your piccy mate

it sounds like all you will be doing is taking the wiring loom and ecu out and plugging in the MBE loom and ecu. leave everything else as is and we can sort out any issues if they arise :)

#31 ·
Right, I've just disconnected the plug on the Siemens unit (No 1 in pic) and it is a 7 pin connection (only 6 being used on existing plug). On the plug that I disconnected 3 wires go to the blue plug on the (8v) dizzy & 3 wires go into my loom on the Westfield.

Darren

p.s. The Sigg bottles can be found in any outdoor centre (which being up-north you must have many lmao ) Get the ones with the drinking cap on as these pop-up so you can use them as a vent ;)

#32 ·
you know, i was looking at that pic and thinking....reminds me of a 18e ignition amplifier....bet thats not 4 pin lmao

dont paniiiiiiiic!!! just get a 16v amplifier as this will be the right one for the MBE (ha! he says never having seen the loom ;))

i guess we need to see a caterham setup really.....

#37 ·
hows about the box then, you wont need that ;) lmao just kidding anyway mate

1 question, whats a minitimer plug?

but the wires to the dizzy are different to the wires going to the siemens...there must be a connection on the loom or how would you get a spark?

what are those 2 connectors at the bottom left? crank and summat else? is it 4 pin?

#40 · (Edited)
JohnnyB - You're right they are called minitimers for some reason :rolleyes:

16Vastra - You're welcome to the box, If I ever get it empty (fit the f**king ECU) :D

I might have got the answer yesterday. Spoke with MBE and they said that I definately use a coil & amplifier, it is a bosch unit that was fitted to the 16V Astra. I looked at the Calibra last night and found the unit on that looked as they described. It has a 4 pin connection so it looks like the right one :)

Will take a photo later for confirmation from you intelligent lot lmao

Darren

Here they are !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.