Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

20 XE air/fuel mixture

554 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  andyastra 
#1 ·
How is the fuel/air mixture set on a 20xe, is it set by the ecu, or does the air flow meter screw thingy play a part in it, whats the best way to get this set correctly or do i need some sort of meter, can any one give me some advise on this

andy

#3 ·
theres no cap on it, just a screw, mines a motronic 2.5, i think themotronic 2.8 has the cap, i could be wrong though, my idle speed was to high , so i twiddled the screw, i know i should have, but i couldnt resist, then it was misfiring and all sorts, so i turned it the other way , and was running o.k, so i twiddled it a bit more, and i know just want to make sure the mixture is right so i can eliminate it from my search for my misfire

#4 ·
thats only idle adjuster anyway. wont make any difference further up the revs. It only takes small part turns to adjust it, if you go silly and do tons of full turns either way you will get the ECU light on and an error code about AFM, and the car will run like crap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.