turbo leaking water
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: turbo leaking water

MIGWeb User
    stoke on trent
    cav 4x4 turbo

turbo leaking water

i have had a funny smell (not me) on my car for the past day of to but i just put it down to having a new head gasket and it was
    normal but when me coolent light came on i toped it up and 20 mins later the same again, when i had a look i can see water on the pipe that comes from the turbo to the intercoller it looks lick it is coming from the turbo i think ???

as i am not a macanic (and prity dum) will it be this or is there some other place that it will be coming from??

and is the turbo hard to get off ???

also i had a new head gasket as me car as the pipe from me water pump was split and it hver heated,but now me car seems to get a lot hoter than befor,would this have damage my stat
    making it open later ???

thanks zigger
    my other toy has tits

2. Remove Advertisements

MIGWeb User
    the car in front

Re: turbo leaking water

You need to wipe everything clean, then take the car for a short ride and then try to find where the coolant leaks from.
    If it's a hairline crack on a pipe it may be hard to pinpoint, as the water evaporates leaving no traces.
    Have you ever changed the coolant pipes?

One that's prone to failure is the turbo-return pipe, it goes from the turbo to the expansion tank. It's a beetch to change without taking the turbo out.
    That again may be a nightmare job, depending on the level of corrosion of the various bolts.
    Get new *original* gaskets and nuts/washers for anything you disturb, assume that they will all be unusable afterwards

+ Reply to Thread