I am about to rebuild by 1.3sr engine. I havnet doen this before but i have got the haynes manual. i have got a few questions :-
1. I have got one of those three legged glze breakers whihc you stick in your drill, how long to i have to run this in each cylinder? how will be able to tell if it is done enough?
2. I want to paint the block, haed and cam houseing do i have to use special paint or would something like hammerite work?
3. The lifters have been removed and have proberly drained by now so are they likely to be hosed or will i be bale to refill them with oil so that they wont tick after the rebuild?
4. How do i check if the water pump and oil pump need replacing? how much are they if they do?
5. If i get a cam kit do i get a full set of lifters and followers included? Would it be cheaper to buy the lifters and followers seperate?
I have also just bought a toad laser key imobiliser from yahoo actions for 15quid but it doenst come with any installation instructions. Does anyone know where ic an get them from? And what should i imobilise - it has got 2 imobiliser points