Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

F28 FWD Conversion Question

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Ste_nova 
#1 ·
I've been informed that the adaptor plate can be manufactured by turning down the output flange from an F20 gearbox and then drilling and tapping the undrilled points on the casting. I have noticed on the regal website that there is a bush incorporated in the kit.
Does anyone know what this bush is for, what material it is made from and it's dimensions so I can make one.

Thanks

#6 ·
Ok.. I did remember! :D

The bush should be 28,5 mm long, 35 mm outside diameter and 27,3 mm inside diameter.

This bush will then slide on to your right driveshaft and work as an length extension.

When drilling new holes (there is two holes "missing") to fit the F20 cap on the F28, be sure to NOT drill thoose to deep... That will damage the F28. I think it's about 30 mm deep that's safe.

#8 ·
Woops, drilled one of them slightly too deep, the difference between deep enough and too deep seemed to be about 2mm.
I haven't drilled into anything inside the gearbox luckily so hopefully I'll get away with coating the threads with RTV.
I will have the bush made tomorrow.
I take it the large spline turns at exactly the same rate as the small one, otherwise the bush would wear?
Also what holds the bush in place preventing it from rubbing on the drive shaft oil seal?

Thanks

Marek

#9 ·
Nova_Turbo said:
Whats happend to the O ring in the second pic? have you machined past it?

Also, can you give a bit more detail what the bush is for?
The O-ring was removed, yes. I'm using "Blue Sillicon" for the sealing purpuse.

The bush is needed to hold the driveshaft in place in the F28 differential. Compare your original driveshaft with an transferbox-driveshaft and you'll see what I mean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.