Me, matt J and animal monkey spent the day down in Bracknell fitting out the new lockup with bench and tools and lights, top job so far, lots of progress.
Just before me and mutt J left for home, we fired up easymap and had a snoop around in my engine map and associated tables.
First up we cut back the cranking exit to 600rpm, well not specifically the cranking exit setting, but the ign advance bit which was giving 30 deg advance on cranking up to 750 or 800rpm cant remember. That instantly cured laboured starting and that horrible snatch-back fuel vapour lock thing which is killing my starter motor.
Second up, we put ignition advance up 3 degrees from 4500 to redline at sites 14 to 15 inclusive. In most cases that was circa 25 deg to 28.something degrees.
We also shmoozed over site 14-15 in the fuel map just a little bit extra from 6500+
The trip home was a real eye opener, engine braking was reduced somewhat, as a B side this has eliminated the horrible on off throttle application at low angles, smoothing the transission greatly. As for the fuel and ignition tweaks, all i can say is at 4500 it goes absolutely ballistic, great fun on the M25 !!