Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Corsa GSI

434 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  ^Trickster^ 
#1 ·
Power boxes

Mantzel, Lexmaul, dbilas or C20 XE conversion???
The corsa engine has done 40 000 miles. Any help would be grateful! Fitting the Power boxes?
Power Gains? To remove unwanted pipe work!!!
cheers

#7 ·
Big Block conversion is good, get high power from stock engine, and etc.. But you need remember, you increasing around more 40kg of weight only in front, the distribution of weight, handle, stability, get badder if compare a Corsa with small block engine.
Then, in my opinion, in my vision, if you looking for a street use car, for use high speed in curves, some street races, and etc..you need a good handle car.. then, keep the small block engine. If you looking for Drag Race, then, put the biggest engine you can put in your Corsa. Its my opinion.
About the price of conversion, sincerely, i don´t know about the prices there, because im from Brazil. But here in Brazil, is much more cheaper make a turbo conversion in stock engine, and you can get the same power of stock C20Let, without uprated internal parts. And remember, less 40kg... ;)

Good lucky.. :) :beer:

#8 ·
once you have the engine and all the ancilleries

your only talking of mounts and driveshafts being the main problem
people cant make mounts and u can get lathed down driveshafts
dont get crap driveshafts not worth it, and on the other foot, dont over pay for mounts, do a good bit of shopping round

these id say are your main things, and brakes of course, some of the more clued up lads will give u a better idea :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.