Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

oil separator mod

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  astramod 
#1 ·
Anyone know what this is ?
Saw some info on the net about this being worth doing, but cant find any info on exactly what it is, or how to do.
I only know it resolves idle and stalling issues where the ICV isnt the culprit.

Thanks for any advice guys.

#5 ·
Guys, I think you may have your wires crossed. I think astramod meant the retro-fitted OIL SEPARATOR vauxhall-mod that connects in line on the (big) crankcase breather.

It's a black box, with the inlet on the bottom (to crankcase) and outlet on the side (to camcover). Inside is a mesh gauze that traps oil whoosing through the pipe. It replaces that small right-angled bit of rubber pipe. Cost from vaux £10 ish.

Indeed, it helps idle-related problems on the Ecotec engines by preventing a lot of the oil getting into the 'pipe-channels' in the camcover. These 'pipe channels' lead to the breather on the air intake pipe (after AFM) AND to a little breather directly under the butterfly in the TB. This little breather is actually a nozzle and is notorious for getting blocked, causing idle probs.

Sound like I know about this... Had all the classic ecotec problems mate!!!:rolleyes:

Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.