Anyone seen this on ebay ? 5-10bhp increase 4 5 ?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone seen this on ebay ? 5-10bhp increase 4 5 ?

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Vectwa

Anyone seen this on ebay ? 5-10bhp increase 4 5 ?

Sounds like a load of bull to me...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...item=749973769

discuss ?
    http://www.broadband-central.co.uk

For discussion about broadband stuff!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    MigWeb.co.uk
    Advertisements

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    someone put that up on club gti too, it doesnt say what the mod is exactly, but i can guess, and if this guy paid YOU a fiver it still wouldnt be worth it.

lol at the petrol dripping out the exhaust f-cking numpty.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Vectra Sri 2.0 Turbo

Smile bhp

If it works I want one
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/312841058768412/ Click the link for my Dj Mixes Group, Follow me on Facebook and never miss a new mix.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Vectwa
    yeah, no end of times I have seen petrol outta my exhaust, its really annoying that my car doesn't burn petrol. lmao

unless of course its Mav's, but you just see 3 ft flames then, but thats overfuelling.

whats your guess, disconnect the temp sensor?
    http://www.broadband-central.co.uk

For discussion about broadband stuff!!

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Mk2 Astra Estate
    just sounds like a ron or an A/B plug with a different resistor to alter the timing, oh well still complete shyte, yea i alwys have petrol dripping out of my exhaust

heres the gumpfh

Everyones a WINNER - BUY IT NOW!Brand new Ignition Advance Kit - TRIED AND TESTED! Would you rather pay someone 200 - 400 for a chip that gave exactly the same amount of power??? This is Buy it now 5 - Part is a resistor that will modify your AIR/Fuel ratio and advance your engine timing to run stronger and increased your car or trucks power.
    Basically This modification will modify your stock ECU system. This mod tells your ECU that the air coming in through the intake is cold air this advances the timing, letting the engine produce more power. As most engines burn too much petrol too waste anyway? Ever see the dripping petrol from your tail pipe? Release the HorsePower of your engine.
    This generic modification is a fraction of the cost of those expensive ECU upgrades, is extremely easy to install and does the same thing adds UP TO 20 HP! MY CAR GIVES AN EXTRA 8Bhp!! More than an AIR FILTER - No doubt!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your car will accelerate faster and have a higher top end speed. This is a great mod for any car, and will definitely increase your HP +5 -- +20 hp. Your 1/4-mile times will decrease a few tenths of a second or more and your 1/4-mile MPH will improve as well. This generic mod is very easy to install, and just as easy to remove in 10 minutes or less and replace it if you want at a later time.
    Stop paying high prices for this MODIFICATION! Compare prices to the others and you will find we have the best prices possible on this performance modification.
    YOU ALSO GET a limited LIFETIME Guarantee, IF YOUR RESISTOR BURNS OUT, WE WILL REPLACE IT FOR FREE!
    MYSELF AND ALL MY FRIENDS HAVE NOTICED POWER GAINS FROM THE MOMENT YOU START THE CAR, AND START MOVING!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BRAND NEW, EASY TO FIT/REMOVE FOR WARRANTY!!! NO SOLDERING!!! LITERALLY 4 MINS TO FIT

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    either that or the resistor on the AFM bodge.

RDS
    MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Veccy 3.0 24v Diesel
    MY FRIENDS HAVE NOTICED POWER GAINS FROM THE MOMENT YOU START THE CAR
    LMFAO @ that statementlmao lmao lmao

"God did you feel all that power as the starter turned over" lmao

what a load of crap
    Sir, please step away from the car

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Cav turbo and XJR
    Well advancing the timing will give more power.

They say it;s the AMM temp sensor. For 8v's I guess.

LMAO at the, "repalce the resistor for free if it burns out"

And what about if the engine blows up ?

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    afm has no control over the timing though. all it can do is over fuel.

there is a tiny bit of legitimate physics behind it, but so much max towel b-llocks its pathetic.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Project Nova GLF
    wudnt it be easier to mount the air temp sensor in a fridge

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Audi A3 07 170 DSG

This is for 8v cars only

Yes, and also you can reverse the octane plug you have.
    Just buy some 15p resistors to see if it solves your problem before spending loads on octane plugs.
    RON Plugs Them little Brown Plugs! - This is what it does!
    These plugs-also called RON plugs (RESEARCH OCTANE NUMBER) - were introduced in 1987 on engines with FIXED IGNITION DISTRIBUTORS. Their main function is to prevent detonation (pinking) when using unleaded fuel.
    The plug is wired into the control box so that it can be fitted into one of two positions. Inside the plug are two different value resistors, and these will code the control box to advance up the ignition at different rates. The amount of advance under load is approx 5deg less when coded for unleaded (95) than for premium.
    Cars with the Mototronic system (auto adjusts for fuel 2.5 & 2.8) have another RON plug installed - again Brown but marked A & B. This was brought up in discussion on the Calibra Mailing List as derived from de-tuning the Calibra at low RPM to meet German noise restrictions. The mod was carried out by a member of ClubCalibra, flipping the RON plug, gaining more power down low where you need it!
    (98) leaded fuel.
    The resistance value also influences other functions and by using any of the 8 values available it is possible to make minor changes to the running of the engine.
    The RON plugs come in nine different colours:
    Resistance Value Ron Plug Colour and Number
    Zero ohms Blue 95, Black 91
    220 " Brown 95, Black 95
    470 Brown 98
    750 Green 98, White 98, Orange 91
    1200 Green 95 (part No. 90276398)
    2200 Yellow 95, White 95, Violet 98
    4700 Red 98 (part No. 90276399)
    Infinity Violet 95, Red 95, Orange 95, Yellow 91, Blue 91
    Potential 8v Improvements
    The table below shows the changes made by each resistance value-V-Octane rating for the three basic 8 valve engines...
    KEY
    1= Basic value
    2= Idle speed increase by 100rpm
    3= +5% fuel acceleration enrichment
    4= +5% fuel enrichment throughout range
    5= Ignition retarded by 5 deg throughout rev/load range.
    2.0SE/ SER/ SEH non cat
    91 Ron N/A
    95 Ron 220 =1
    1200 =3/4
    2200 =2
    4700 =2/3/4
    Infinity=2/3/4/5
    98 Ron 470 =1
    750 =2

2.0 NE non-cat
    91 Ron zero ohms =1
    infinity =2
    95 Ron 220 ohms =1
    1200 =3/4
    2200 =2
    4700 =2/3/4
    750 =2/3/4/5
    98 Ron 470 ohms =1

2.0 NE cat
    91 Ron Zero =1
    Infinity =2
    750 =2/3/5
    95 Ron 220 =1
    1200 =3
    2200 =2
    4700 =2/3
    98 Ron N/A

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    carefully!!
    Ok so if I read this right, my 2.0 ne non cat currently has a yellow octane plug, but if I was to change this for a 4k7 resistor it would up the fuelling by 5%??

would this make a noticable difference?

I presume there is no danger in doing this, any idea what sort of price an octane plug is from vaux, can easily put a RES in myself but would really like to keeep it looking proper under the bonnet.

Tony
    its not blown up, its an opportunity to rebuild it

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Quick some one phone Vauxhall...
    I'm sure they are hanging out for this valuable device their millions of pounds of research labs and hundreds of engineers have somehow overlooked!

Elgan
    What about ducting some of the airconditioner out put air into a chanber fitted with a sensor and a cut off switch?
    Just a thought,
    Cheers, Pete.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    90 cav 8v 2ltr
    don't you just love the naivety of it all.

Car companies as with every company in the land only spend millions of pounds on development and reserch to turn their millions into trillions.

They certainly don't do it for our benefit.

Vauxhall may already know of this, they just overlooked telling anyone about it

lmao lmao lmao

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Audi A3 07 170 DSG
    Originally posted by K100RSA
    Ok so if I read this right, my 2.0 ne non cat currently has a yellow octane plug, but if I was to change this for a 4k7 resistor it would up the fuelling by 5%??

would this make a noticable difference?

I presume there is no danger in doing this, any idea what sort of price an octane plug is from vaux, can easily put a RES in myself but would really like to keeep it looking proper under the bonnet.

Tony
    Yes put a 4.7k ohm resistor,in place of the ron plug.The ron plugs can be opened up,and the new resistor put in.
    I did it on my seh 8v,with an improvement.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Vectra GSi & GTE 16V
    Originally posted by beany
    yeah, no end of times I have seen petrol outta my exhaust, its really annoying that my car doesn't burn petrol. lmao

unless of course its Mav's, but you just see 3 ft flames then, but thats overfuelling.

whats your guess, disconnect the temp sensor?
    lmao At the least the unburnt fuel never hit the ground with my car Beanylmao

I reckon that didnt help the engine before it went bang.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    214bhp 1600 Corsa on TBs
    lmao at "petrol dripping" from the exhaust pipe. Not only can't these guys spell, someone's obviously forgotten to tell them them that the combustion of hydrocarbon produces CO2 and water. The water vapour produced in the reaction passes out of the engine and travels down the cool exhaust piping where it condenses into liquid water. Of course once the exhaust has been thoroughly warmed up, the water vapour passes out uncondensed.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Coupe Turbo
    Can anyone smell that?,smells like bull***t!

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    calibra 16v/astra 4

Talking bullshite

I have a complaint with this product - it sounds ideal if you are in a warm country where the temp of the air would be higher anyway but it would not work here in chilly britain because the car would think it was below freezing outside and not want to run at all !!! and surely increasing the fuelling would result in even more petrol dripping out of your exhaust pipe lmao
    " He's A few tits short of an udder!! "

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Drives: Nova Rally Slag!
    yeah but you could always hang a bucket off your exhaust to catch the petrol, then just top back up, bet you could get another 200 miles outa a full tank seein as cars waste so much!!!
    I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers Geetes!

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    3MW B18iS
    I thought about this ages ago, it could work in some circumstances, though I wouldn't expect more than 1-2BHP maybe.
    You could put a resistor in series or parallel with the AFM temperature sensor. By adjusting the value of the additional resistor you can fool the ECU into thinking that there is more air flowing or that it's cooler etc and thus change the injection and ignition characteristics.
    Do you want to install and run "Adobe Flash Player 9"?
    No, now f*** ***.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    2005 Tigra B
    Originally posted by anthonyian
    don't you just love the naivety of it all.

Car companies as with every company in the land only spend millions of pounds on development and reserch to turn their millions into trillions.

They certainly don't do it for our benefit.

Vauxhall may already know of this, they just overlooked telling anyone about it

lmao lmao lmao
    While not being able to comment on this device specifically, your comment makes the assumption that car manufacturers are ONLY interested in producing maximum power, if that were true there would be no aftermarket tuning industry at all. Car manufacturers are balancing power with economy, emissions, noise and cost, you might as well argue that there is no point fitting an aftermaket performance exhaust as the manufacturer will have designed the optimum one. Not to mention the fact that they will sometimes deliberately restrict power to increase the difference between one model and a more expensive one. In addition there now seems to be a market for cars that look sporty but are actually slow so as not to scare the kind of drivers that seem to be being churned out now.

Do you also find airbox mods lol funny, surely Vxs research division could have figured that one out?
    Does not play well with others.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    the car in front
    resistor in series, old trick this one.
    Yeah, it 'fools' the ECU, so what?

I used to have a variable resistor in series with the engine temp sensor, 'fooling' the ECU that the engine is colder, to dump more fuel (it was a turbo bike, and an adjustable FPR did this job much better in fact)

I'm not surprised people fall for these 'cheap'n'cheerful mods', it's usually the same people who skimp on oil and filter changes, but are too happy to shell out for useless gizmos and additives

+ Reply to Thread