Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

x12sz 1.2 8v engine, whats the manufacturer recommended spark plugs?

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Sav F 
#1 ·
as above dont suppose anyone could tell me what GM recommends please? the haynes manual isnt making things that clear, im pretty sure the ecotec engines would use different plugs to the old 8v's, i can see two listed in the haynes manual, both being bosch ones, they are:
16mm across plug flats (unsure what that means if i am honest) Bosch FR 91 X
21mm across plug flats..... Bosch WR 8 D+

at my local motor factors they'd give me twin electrode NGK R's,

really unsure as to what to go for tbh but id rather go for what the engine has been designed to use, any help would be appreciated, thanks

#6 ·
Tradeclub is a discount scheme operated by Vauxhall and available through most of their dealers. Discounts are up to the 50-60% mark on service parts. As a MIGClub member you automatically have access - the account number is on your membership card. Have a read through the members section for details.

Quick word of warning. If you go in to your local dealers to get your discount, it's best not to concern sales staff, service managers, receptionists etc with details about wanting Tradeclub prices as they either don't know or say you're not allowed - go directly to the parts dept and speak to someone who is more likely to understand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.