Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

fly wheels

2K views 58 replies 10 participants last post by  InsaneSwede 
#1 ·
Any of u guys know if the 2.0 fly wheel is the same as the one off the 2.0 16v engine (mk2 gte) weight etc?

Will it fit onto the v6 block?

apreciated :beer:

#31 ·
ok thats put the blockers on my lightened v6 fly wheel plan....:( ive just whipped the clutch off the v6 engine only to find its got 7 bolt holes!!!

What ya recon matey any other ideas or do i just keep the v6 fly. If so what's an ideal weight to get it lightened too?

Another one for you as well mate.. duno what gear box im running at the mo. ( 1.8 16v Nreg veccy) do u recon it will be able to handle the v6 when it goes in?

Its getting 3.0 cams as well :D

#36 ·
Thanks for replying animal thats cool... just to confirm, my v6 is from a cav.! so u sayin a 20xe or c20xe will fit no prob yeah..

how about the 1.8 16v vectra fly (n reg) this is the engine coming out you see my freind. could save me a bit of dough. what does this weigh...Last but not least, if i use any of the above flywheels which clutch would you recommed...

appreciate you taking the time to reply

regards gareth :beer: :beer:

#43 ·
ok now im smilling i hope i was wrong as will make life so much easier and cheaper.. thanks for checking that one out mate.

Is that defo the only fly gm put on the 2.5. still pretty new to this mate so bare with me pls it does have a cat so i presume that this is where the "c" comes from C2.5 xe is this so :D

#47 ·
odders my friend youve been a star dont suppose you wanna check summit else out on the epc do ya...?:beer:

vectra n 1.8 16v... how many holes has the fly wheel got may save me some dosh.. is it still 7kg like the xe?

If i could buy u a beer now, i would, very very greatfull

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.