2.0 xe conversion what gearbox
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2.0 xe conversion what gearbox

MIGWeb User
    Drives

2.0 xe conversion what gearbox

hey all, am new to this vauxhall stuff

i've got a mini autograss car with a tuned 1.4 8v on carbs and a race cam, fitted to a f10 box with a quaife ATB diff
    i've removed engine and want to fit a 2.0xe (redtop), what gearbox can i use on this coversion so i can keep the quaife ATB from the F10? Looking on Quaife website the diff for F10, F13 F15, F17, are all the same, which is the best box and what car can i find one in? can i keep xe clutch?

2. Remove Advertisements
    MigWeb.co.uk
    Advertisements

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Things With Engines

Re: 2.0 xe conversion what gearbox

You can use the F13 box, pretty strong and gearing quite good, can be found on mk3 Astras 1.6 8valve and others, not sure on the clutch
    Vectra B GSi Turbo Coming Soon ...........
    I WONDER HOW MANY PEOPLE LOOK AT MY VISITOR PAGE JUST TO OGGLE MY MRS TITS HA HA HA

rc
    Drives
    359.9bhp astra

im currently searching for the answer to this too as i want to fit a c20xe to a f13.

what ive found so far is the 2.0 8vs and the ecotecs have a 6 bolt crank and you can bolt a 1.7 gm td flywheel and nova gsi clutch all together and fit the f13.

the c20xe crank is a 8 bolt crank though so this work. and the c20xe clutch wont work in a f13. what ive read so far is the nova guys used to use a c20xe flywheel and re drill it to acept the nova gsi clutch anf f13

now ive been looking around and a mk4 astra x17dt i think that has a 8 bolt crank, but not sure if these use a small block gearbox??

will be watching this thread closely....

MIGWeb User
    Drives

im pritty sure the 1700 diesels use an f17WR gearbox, which is indeed a small block gearbox. my old mk4 eco4 did anyway, no idea what engine code that is though sorry.

all i know is that some twonk put in a petrol box at some point, it done 60mph @3500rpm in 5th lmao. but the car was really cheap so cant complain

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Things With Engines

Quote Originally Posted by scotty___boy View Post
    im pritty sure the 1700 diesels use an f17WR gearbox, which is indeed a small block gearbox. my old mk4 eco4 did anyway, no idea what engine code that is though sorry.

all i know is that some twonk put in a petrol box at some point, it done 60mph @3500rpm in 5th lmao. but the car was really cheap so cant complain
    Thats actually quite funny, how to deck someone up with a car sale, really safe car mate no way you could have a high speed accident or be accused of speeding on a motorway screaming the nuts off it
    I WONDER HOW MANY PEOPLE LOOK AT MY VISITOR PAGE JUST TO OGGLE MY MRS TITS HA HA HA

rc
    Drives
    359.9bhp astra

yea some diesels are small block but they have 6 bolt flywheels, which fit the 8vs and the ecotecs, making it an easy conversion. but not the c20xe which are 8 bolt flywheels.

MIGWeb User
    Drives

Quote Originally Posted by vectra640 View Post
    Thats actually quite funny, how to deck someone up with a car sale, really safe car mate no way you could have a high speed accident or be accused of speeding on a motorway screaming the nuts off it
    when i took it for a test drive i thought jesus christ this thing flies, only too look down at the speedo and see i was doing 60 lmao. he had the car up for 600, knocked him down to 400 because of the gearbox when i finished with it i put in a WR box and sold it for a grand

Quote Originally Posted by rc View Post
    yea some diesels are small block but they have 6 bolt flywheels, which fit the 8vs and the ecotecs, making it an easy conversion. but not the c20xe which are 8 bolt flywheels.
    interesting, so some of the older 1700's used a "big block" ? and these came in a big block version of a f13 ?

all the 1700's ive seen use the f17 of some type, i thaught the f10,13,15,17 were only for small block engines, how would you mate it up to a xe even if you managed to find a flywheel which fitted ?

this is intriguing, i like it

rc
    Drives
    359.9bhp astra

the small box boxes do bolt straight onto the xe, its just the clutch/flywheel thats the problem....

rc
    Drives
    359.9bhp astra

ive found this one from a 2000 astra 1.7 dti, dimentions are correct for a c20xe crank and startermotor, and has a 206mm clutch. i cant find out if this is for a f17 or f23 though

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Things With Engines

F23 clutch is 228mm, same as F28 and F20, just the splines are different on the F20 which are similar to the F13, 15, etc etc

rc
    Drives
    359.9bhp astra

looking at 2000 astra 1.7 16v dti clutches (to match the above flywheel) they do all seem to be 206mm, the 2.0 dti's seem to be 228mm. suggesting the 1.7s have a f17 and the 2.0s have the f23. they all only list the splines as 14 spline input shafts though, which they both are but different diameters, f17 19mm x 14t, f23 25mm x 14t. leading me to beleive the flywheel ive posted will fit the c20xe, the matching clutch will fit the f17, meaning it will also fit the f13.........

although also read that some astra 1.7 td's have f23s?? could do with some conformation though......

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Lots of Novas

My pals Corsa C 1.7 CDTI has a F23 on

I think only the DTI engines came with F17

+ Reply to Thread