New install Phase3 High idel..
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New install Phase3 High idel..

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Mk6 Sri, Toyota Roadster

New install Phase3 High idel..

Hey,
    Just finished installing me phase3+ kit, followed the book to a T and had some advice from the rather helpfull russ along the way, been out there till 20 past midnight trying to get the car back together for tomorrow as its booked in the garage for a few bits and pieces..

Turned the key, the thing started and idled nice and smootly... ermm.. only at 2,000 revs This is with the powerswitch at position 1, i switched off and on again.. same thing... 4x4 light also stays on, not sure about the ecu light though.... i've double checked the three wires (2 on right, 1 on left) on the fuel rail as i removed them.. they seem ok, and i double checked the brown earth on the ECU bolt on the right, these are the only cables i removed... although i do have a vauge memory of removing another cable off the left hand side of the ECU, but i cant see it in there, so assume i must have been thinking of something else..

I cant keep trying as the neigbours will get annoyed.. so i gotta wait till morning now, but i need to drive the car to the garage by 8, so i REALLY need to sort this.. but i dunno where to start
    Is it a prob with my instalation of the phase ECU chips/board, was i right about that second elusive ECU bracket mounted earth, or anyone got a better idea?? how can i trouble shoot the problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    MigWeb.co.uk
    Advertisements

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Mk6 Sri, Toyota Roadster

Update.

OK i was on the stupid thing last night till nearly one, and up this morning at 6 and out there again still cant find anythign wrong

I ran ECU and 4x4 flash checks.... code 31 all round, and high voltage at solienoid for 4x4, but i replaced that 2-3 months ago as it blew, so i reccon thats leftover from that. code 31 obviously being RPM and i never started the car, so no supprise..

So i then started the car, it went to 2.5k revs then rose to 3k, no ecu lights or 4x4 lights are on initially, and they both come on with ignition and go off when engine starts for 4x4 and after self check for ecu.. about 15-20seconds later the 4x4 comes on, so im now relatively happy about that as im assuming its because im doing 3k revs and not moving anywhere

I then tried the power wheel stage2, and the revs seemed to drop slightly, then stage3 and they dropped to 2.5k, so thats obviously functioning, switched back to stage1 before i blew it up and the revs raised again to 3k

Any ideas?
    I gotta go to work now
    I'm not taking the car to the garage as planned as im unsure how safe it is to drive it like this, If you have any suggestions on the problem, or knowi if it will be ok to drive, please email me to this address which ive re-directed to my mobile phone only the first 150 characters get to me tho, so please send ur mobile/phone number as subject before you write anything so i can call you maybe

stupink@o2.co.uk

if you dont like the sound of that, reply here of course, but i wont get it till 6 tonight, by which time i will have missed my garage slot, and also phoned 20,000 other people about this problem :P Although probably be no better off

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    10s Evo VI,12s Astra
    Hopefully your worries will be over tonight Stu.

For anyone else who is interested, we think it may be a dodgy boost control board. Some of you probably saw Gavs car do this at Billing.

Guess who supplied and supposedly checked the board?

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Nova, Audi, Landrover
    lmao
    LEE69

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    10s Evo VI,12s Astra
    Erk, no, it wasn't me or Gav!!

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    GTE 16v Turbo
    Originally posted by Russ
    Guess who supplied and supposedly checked the board?
    No idea, but maybe if we sat down and had a lager it might jog our memory.
    Contemplating lots of things

Astra GTE Turbo - Link Now Working

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    a Crotch Rocket
    Surely they can't have screwed up....AGAIN?

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    350bhp blown up nova
    who, tell me, who is it???/ i wanna know, the suspense is killing me
    dont believe the hype

wanted - 2 false limbs and a wheelchair

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    '94 Vectra A Turbo
    lmao lmao lmao

No mention of names but i think its a bit obvious!!

Do they test them? i thought they only imported them from germany and sold them on?

Must admit when i go for phase 3 i think i will go through gav. had too many ECU's mis behave after being chipped there. no proven link

If i bought the kit and fitted everything bar the chip would RBX in guildford fit the chips & board for me?
    Dan
    291 bhp - 324 lb/ft = Ear to Ear Grin Factor
    Greddy e-manage fitted - now to get it mapped!

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    10s Evo VI,12s Astra
    Gav will probably do you an exchange ecu if you ask him nicely.

Oh, thanks, but I don't like lager! lmao

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    350bhp blown up nova
    any where near with a stab in the dark.....

everyones fav company begining with R? five letter word????
    dont believe the hype

wanted - 2 false limbs and a wheelchair

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Mk6 Sri, Toyota Roadster

Smile Nuther update

Not heard from gav yet, but ive been back home, and checked and re-checked the car for vacuum leaks.. NOTHING.. its a sealed unit
    Then i got a bit more brave than i did the night before and upped the power switch a few more times, when it was right up top whack the car suddently dropped to 1.5k, then down to just under 1k and idled perfectly... WOOO i thought.. fixed itself.. so i put the power switch back down.. ooooh .. hello 3000 revs again.. so back up switch went.. and sure enough back down to perfect idle..for a few seconds then up, down up down.. almost stalled, then up down up

On a completely different note from all this trouble. I'd like to say my thanks again to russ who i had to phone a fair few times to aid the install!! thanks mate.. your a supreme being
    I shouldnt really have had to, only the Regal Installation manual supplied wasnt too clear lmao

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    The 1st Phase 4 Calibra
    I think gav has to be careful about swapping ECU's cos newer turbo ones like mine have the immobilser built into em
    Phase 4 nearly done Phase 5 here I come :)

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Mk6 Sri, Toyota Roadster
    AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
    I can't get hold of gavin Russ said he knew about me problem and would ring me tonight when he got in, i hope he's managed to sort something out anyway
    I'm supposed to be meeting up with lots of the CC lot for a RR meet this saturday morning and ive been working on me car every day after work for the past 3 weeks trying to repair it and get it ready for this and prepare for the phasekit, now i wont even be able to go to it let alone get me car on the rollers to see if its all working tip top Awww i hope i can sort it by then somehow after all this..
    Gahhhh time for a mmmm tasty.. and thats a beer.. not larger u can be sure of that

RDS
    MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Veccy 3.0 24v Diesel
    Stu if you are in Plymouth you r a fecking doughnut mate! would have come and checked it all for u! If you think its the power wheel disconnect it! If you want a hand let me know

Rob
    Sir, please step away from the car

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    '94 Vectra A Turbo
    thought you could get the fitting instructions for the phase 3 off the EDS website? - no need for any other instructions. hope you get it sorted soon

does seen weird that the idle is affected by the power wheel!
    Dan

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Mk6 Sri, Toyota Roadster
    Originally posted by RDS
    Stu if you are in Plymouth you r a fecking doughnut mate! would have come and checked it all for u! If you think its the power wheel disconnect it! If you want a hand let me know

Rob
    heheh cheers rob, but i only fitted the phase kit last night anyway

I get the impression from russ, that the faulty batch a while back was the PCB board that goes inside the ECU, presumably this is the problem too, the one for the powerwheel yes.. What effect would disconnecting the wheel have then? or did you mean the entire PCB? what would that do? I'm far to new to these phase things to go playing like that without knowing what im doing.. i didnt think the chips worked without the PCB or power wheel(why cant they just call it a switch? )

If i have any more probs and need a hand ill let you know .. otherwise ill give you a shout when its all in and maybe we can meet up and you can give me some pointers on how its setup, i get the impression im gonna have sum fun getting the actuator/spring setup balanced right

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Mk6 Sri, Toyota Roadster
    Originally posted by Not_Too_Fast!

does seen weird that the idle is affected by the power wheel!
    Idle?? Idle?? whoooooaaa.. there...wat idle?
    I got myself a full blown switchable cruise controll kit.. SWEET lmao lmao lmao

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    '94 Vectra A Turbo
    another + for the phase kits - "cruise control"
    Dan

+ Reply to Thread