Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

induction kits

651 views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  bragoli 
#1 ·
can any 1 tell me which induction kit would be best for my mk4 astra sri. it is a 2.0 16v and was going to use K&N 57i but then a friend told me that pipercross and jetex both do very good induction kits 4 my car.

Or would any 1 recommend the viper ram air kit

#8 ·
evo said:
so is there any need in getting 1. i want to increase the power of my car and was told that this was one way to start.
Maybe an extra bhp or two if your very lucky but thats it. You wont notice any thing but noise.

#10 ·
How much money do you wanna spend. The question asked can lead to many pounds potentionaly spent:D Start with exhaust and filter. Then there's headwork, crazy cams, throttle bodies, turbos or superchargers. First you wanna think about what you want from your car and how much you wanna spend on it.

#11 ·
whitie said:
im moddin my air box with a pannel filter from 1 of these companys, ur choice
then ful system zorst,de-cat if u know a dodgy MOT place or if u wana put it bk in every year? also manifold and head work?like cams, pulleys and to top it of a chip re map.
then thers throttle bodies,turbo/super chargin for the big bois that spend thousands

#12 ·
to make it go noticeably faster ur looking at taking the engine apart for some head work and stuff or Tb's

other than that things that add a few gee gee's and make it sound nice are a panel filter and modded air box and an exhaust

get some headwork done if u want to go a stage further

#16 · (Edited)
Astra Air Filter

I have a MK4 2.0. I also have a Viper kit, but as mine was done as a test kit I got it cheap, but it depends on what you want really. I look at it like this. If you want an induction kit you can normally pay around £60 for one and it will net you a few bhp. With the Viper it also looks nice (and it does and I often get told so). Many people will spend a fortune on a carbon bonnet or spoiler and what bhp does that get you? None. So I look at it as a styling mod that gives a few bhp and a wicked growl.

Just my 2 pence.

#17 ·
evo said:
have v tuning got a web site or contact number. the thing with new exhaust is that my car has a imrsher twin exhaust already and i dont really want 2 change it.
get a custom zorst made up so that it only goes from ur cat to the bk box, shud b unda 100 quid, unless u wana lose the cat as well?

#18 ·
My m8 and I have both got identical model astra mk4's, 1.6 16v CD's, he's done his up with a k&n 57i air filter and stainless steel exhaust and I've done nothing at all. When we race each other theres absolutely nothing in it exept his sounds nicer and his pocket is £300 lighter!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.