vectra 150 cdti crap power and boost dump till 3000rpm
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: vectra 150 cdti crap power and boost dump till 3000rpm

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    calibra le turbo

Question vectra 150 cdti crap power and boost dump till 3000rpm

Hi

Not sure if this is the normal with the turbo diesel veccys but ive noticed something about mine that is kindof annoying
    It seems that if i pull off normally i get really crap response and alot of what sounds like boost bein dumped untill i hit the 3000rpm point when the turbo kicks in the it charges off.
    If i boot it then i get enough power and no worries but if i try to steadily pull off theres loads off boost bein lost that can be heard goin thro what sounds like a recirc valve.
    If i try to push by it , the whooshing just gets louder untill suddenly the turbo jumps in and i get lots of boost
    Not sure if this is normal but i dont really like it.
    Doesnt help coming from my old cali that just ripped off instantlylmao
    Any tips as to weather this is normal would be cool.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MigWeb.co.uk
    Advertisements

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    astra 1.8 gsi/2.0xe

Re: vectra 150 cdti crap power and boost dump till 3000rpm

id have a check of your egr valve mate i had this on my car very slow and slugish to pull of then boost turned out to be egr valve. but this wouldn't explain the sound of presure you can hear

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    calibra le turbo

Yer like i said it sounds like a recirc valve or a dump valve somewere up the top of the engine bay! Im pretty sure its the boost bein lost for some reason! If i drive steady and slowly build up power, then alll you can hear is boost dumping sound continiously untill the revs hit 2500-3000rpm then the turbo kicks in and she comes to life..
    Never had the on my let turbos but thought it might be a diesel thing

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    1.6LPG, 1.8, 1.9CDTI

The EGR valve on the wifes Zafira 1.9 8V got so clagged up (120k miles), that it jammed part open, that made it really sluggish and somtimes wouldn't rev up at all!!

All the boost goign straight out the exhasust.

took the valve apart, cleaned it and freed it up, runs fine now.
    http://www.tssd.co.uk How Tos . http://www.gte24v.co.uk/shop/ Parts For Sale The two most life changing experiences you'll ever have. Finding Jesus, and having a baby.

Drives
    1.9 CDTi 190

Have you got a Z19DTH engine?
    Is it chucking out more smoke at low revs than it used to?

If yes, apart from EGR valve check the swirl vane bar hasn't popped off / check for lift on the swirl vanes by gently lifting each one with a pair of long-nosed pliers - they shouldn't lift at all and if they do the inlet manifold / actuator will need replacing. This is a known fault (well documented on Astra Owners Network site) and Pierburg who manufacture the manifolds have completely re-designed the swirl vanes so replacing the manifold will mean it can't happen again.

Mine is doing the same and I'm saving to get it sorted - total cost between 350 if you do it yourself to 600 if a dealer does it. Good luck.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    calibra le turbo

Only bought the car a few months ago and noticed the the egr valve was not connected to the plug so i reconnected it! Also wondered why there was no fault light present when it was of and found that the management light was no working at all even when the ignition was put in start possition.
    Its all adding up now !!

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    calibra le turbo

Right i just run the car with egr valve unplugged and i drove completely different! Buy this i mean it now has gained about 60bhp lol
    All the hissing under excelaration has gone and its just direct power as soon as you touch the pedal.
    Now im seeing why it was unplugged when i bought her!
    Is there any issues with driving without the egr valve connected to the sensor plug??
    Cos if not, id be happy to keep it the way it is right now lol

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    astra 1.8 gsi/2.0xe

glad it was only your egr valve to blame mate i thought it sounded alot like what mine did. i just left mine off and it was ok but not too sure if it would be ok in the longer run

+ Reply to Thread