Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

mk4 astra c20xe wiring help please

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  astraben1987 
#1 ·
hi i changed my standerd 2.0 16v ecotec to a redtop c20xe ive got spark but i carnt get the c20xe fule pump reley to prime the engine what i really need to no what wires do i wire from the redtop loom to the standerd loom so it primes and then works lol please if anyone can shed some lights

#3 ·
ive done that and the car did run but wouldnt let me rev the engine to high revs just sounded like it was running out of fuel so put more petrol in the tank and still did the same thing do i have to wire the 2 little plugs on the ecu end of the loom to anythink on my astra loom apart from my rev and my eml thanks

#8 ·
o ok thanks mate cuz i did have the car running fine and reving up but then i took the crank sensor of and the cts plug of as the wires were broken and frayed got new crank sensor and i had spark back then had spark and fule but not running lol then had it running high but bogged down when i put foot on the throttle and now it could all be down to the cts ?

#10 ·
hi thanks for the help pluged the cts in today and i run a wire from the redtop fuel pump to mine i had 3 red blue wires one was skinny one the other was a thick redblue wire and the other red and blue wire was not as thick as the thick one just bit skinnyer if that makes sense thats what i connected to my astra fule pump red/blue wire and it revs up now fine when i put the thick fule pump wire to the redblu to my thick redblu wire same size the pump just ran constenley so put it to the bit skinner wire and it primed nice but my engine is still running really high not ticking ova changed the maf and still same tryed putting a k&n and still did the same high revs could it be too much air getting in thanks sorry to keep posting like this just im new to engine swaps and like a donught thanks

#12 ·
No, it should bleed easily. Get a hose and run it through the rad hose and the block to rad hose. Also, squeeze the big pipes with everything connected and you'll get bubbles rising to the reservoir. Radiator are same principle on these cars.

I couldn't get the engine started without the CTS plugged in. Might have something to do with having the right one - if the loom had Traction Control, you'll need the TC CTS - which is black, normal type is blue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.