Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Bosch Super 4 plugs

8K views 67 replies 35 participants last post by  Rob_S 
#1 ·
I am currently running them in my calibra 16v redtop, what is your opinion of them and what other spark plugs would you say are better.

#52 ·
I use NGK bcp7et which are triple electrode, all multiple elctode plugs do is extend the life of the plug. Anyway if you want multile electrode plugs go into german and swedish and ask for these plugs as they are standard fitment for the citroen bx gti mi16 or peugeot mi16, they have the same immersion, plug gap and thread, as 1300 ohc plug. intead of 20 quid for four bosch plugs these are about 2.90 each

#53 ·
Cant beat Vauxhalls own plugs. They are literally designed for the engine. If you must use another brand, NGK are good.
Bosch is simply a brand name that does all kinds of things from plugs to washing machines.
Nothing wrong with their stuff, but too much a jack of all trades, and the brand name behind Halfords own stuff.

#54 ·
Twin or multi-electrode plugs were brought in for use with catalysed engines.
The idea being that when a single electrode wears down, causing a mis-fire and damaging the catalyst, a twin or multi-electrode plug will still spark. Which, in theory, will take double or triple the time to wear out!!!

#55 ·
seen this ad a few yrs back in a Motor Trend issue...

Bosch plugs .....not with platinum tipped electrode but the whole bit made of platinum ...said they were second to none against all other nonPt plugs....

never heard of that since tho...

#58 ·
The-Mechanic said:
Cant beat Vauxhalls own plugs. They are literally designed for the engine.
I don't believe that. I think they are just AC Delco plugs in discuise.
AC Delco is just like Vauxhall and Saab a General Motors company.

Bosch is one of the first automotive suppliers there was.
They started 100 years back, and the home appliance stuff is more "recent". (last 30 years)Not "just a brand name"

#63 ·
Everyone here is telling his personal experiences after using Bosch 4 plugs one thing is right for some engines are good for others arent the cost is not so big comparing with the genuine Vauxhall plugs so everyone can try them. The good thing is that different engine owners reply and this will be helpfull for some others who havent use them.
I have read a test of Denso IRIDIUM PLUGS the car was dyno tested and comparing with the factory plugs show big difference in torque and acceleration and bhp but there are very expensive.

#66 ·
Personal opinion here:
Super 4's are a decent, but i think overpriced plug.
I like Vauxhalls own for 3 simple reasons.
To me they work just as well, last just as long, and i can source them much cheaper and easier.
1 bhp assuming true, is hardly awe inspiring, and i would rather spend extra money on quality leads, than worry about NGK v Bosch v Vauxhall etc, which again brings more opinions. :D

#67 ·
i just bought a set of bosh super 4's not seeing this 3 page fecken post....:rolleyes:

then i hear if u got a bogo standard lump just get plain old ngk or champs...im not sure what to get now..i wanna take these feckers back to halfords and get splitfires cause i had them b4 and they were really good IMHO :D

so what shoulkd i get on exchange from halfords peeps? :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.