Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Bosch Super 4 plugs

8K views 67 replies 35 participants last post by  Rob_S 
#1 ·
I am currently running them in my calibra 16v redtop, what is your opinion of them and what other spark plugs would you say are better.

#38 ·
In my experience the bosch super 4 are terrible. My old 1.8 ran very poor with them. Fuel consumption went right down. Fuel consumption was instantly improved when standard ngk were put in.
Not worth the money and where do they get there figures from, 400% better cold start, 200% improved this , 200% improved that. 200% over rated!

#42 ·
I HAD TRIED THESE BOSCH 4 FOR 5.000 KM IN MY ASTRA 1.6 SE 8V
I WAS VERY DISSAPOINTED I THROW THEM AWAY AND GONE BACK TO VAUXHALL / OPEL GENUINE WITH ONE ELECTRODE
WITH THE BOSCH 4 I HAD PROBLEMS
THE CAR WAS NOT STARTING IMMEDIATELY IN THE MORNING
AND DID NOT PERFORM WELL AT ALL AND I HEARD ALSO SOME KNOCKS ON 4000 RPM AND ABOVE
THE BOSCH 4 ARE MADE TO LAST FOR MUCH MORE THOUSANDS KILOMETERS BUT NO PERFORMANCE
I HAVE READ ABOUT NGK CAN ANYONE TELL IF THEY ARE WORTH AND WHAT TYPE SHOULD I USE?

#44 ·
Plugs

I have used NGK R with the C20 XE and the C20 LET. I have had no problems with either engine. Trying BOSCH SUPER Twin electrodes F 6 DTS on the C20 LET as it was part of the Phase 3 kit from Wallace Performance.

#46 ·
Surely, the Super 4's will only work well with an uprated ignition system and equally gapped for all four electrodes??? Only then could you get a spark across more than one electrode???
just my understanding.

Running them on a standard ignition system seems to me to be a touch silly.

Or am I just misunderstanding things :rolleyes: :D

Just ignore me............

#51 ·
hello all
right i work for a bosch agent who sell bosch plugs! now we also deal with NGK. now every car ive had apart from 1 has had ngk plugs in (1.8 or 2.0 8v) bp6et, i have found out from a nice man a very nice man from ngk that any modding that is done you need to upgrade your plugs! as i said i used bp6et and after a quick phone call telling him what ive done to my car he told me what to fit! for the 8v you need bpr6eix they are iridium that give a far better spark! now if anyone wants me to call ngk to get the best plug for your car get in touch

djcraigl@aol.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.