Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

I was just rewriting my engine spec.....

2K views 38 replies 16 participants last post by  MikeWarner 
#1 ·
I was just rewriting my engine spec to reflect what the spec will be once the new cams, valves, lifters, injectors and rods go in. The thing is, I have that nagging feeling that I'm forgetting something and it is really bugging me now. I could be wrong, but can anyone spot anything missing from the following engine spec:

C20XE, 2092cc 16v, Jenvey 48mm parallel throttle bodies, enlarged and flowed SBD inlet manifold, V-Tuning head, matched inlets, multiple angle valve seats, ITG air filter, Pico injectors, modified SBD fuel rail, FSE black top fuel pressure regulator with gauge, SBD race spec cams (295/300), adjustable pulleys, Colsibro valve guides, Paul Ivy race valves with modified head profile, SBD double valve springs, SBD valve seats, SBD titanium spring retainers, SBD solid lifters, stainless steel head gasket, 88mm Omega race pistons (12:1 compression), Farndon steel rods, ARP rod bolts, late C20XE distributorless ignition, MBE 956 ECU, SBD engine wiring loom, Bosch HT leads, NGK-R spark plugs, modified crank case breather, Piper-X crank case breather, increased oil pressure, 82 degree coolant thermostat, SBD race spec exhaust manifold (by BTB), CoolTec exhaust manifold lagging, 2.5" Maniflow system, 4.5kg lightened and balanced flywheel, Vauxhall 5W40 fully synthetic oil with ZX additive.

Also - I was not sure on the spelling of Paul Ivy's name - is it Ivy or Ivey? Any other mistakes / ommisions - please let me know.

For those that haven't been reading the site recently, I'm hoping for the magic 250bhp out of this spec. It should be built within the next month and mapped by SBD soon after.

See less See more
#27 ·
Regal did it - I don't like it much TBH - I've already bought a standard one and will have it painted next time my cars gets some body work done.

Not sure on the valve of the - maybe new it would be £7k - probably worth £3k second hand.

#28 ·
7K on a manky old Astra! Are you mad young man? You could buy a proper grown up persons car for that much! Why don't you buy a nice sensible Fiesta or something? It'll get you from A to B and that's all you need really.

#30 ·
Well i`ve looked long and hard at ya list but you only mention that the flywheel has been balanced.......waste of time unless you`ve had the crank/front pulley/pressure plate done aswell.I assume that the pistons and rods have been done also?I hope so cos if you`re after 250 bhp that will be around the 8500rpm mark?!

Al

#31 ·
About Oilpump....

I had really huge problems with my pump this summer..

problems

1 pressureregulator get stuck at high rpm in open position
2 sintred gears looses small particles

both of them resulted in TOTAL loss of pressure..

solutions

1 instead of the original 'plunsch' replace it with an 'ball' from an outer driveshaft 'joint' and cut the spring to desired length

2 grind all sharp edges on the gears.

sorry for my bad english,, i´m from sweden dude´s :eek:

#32 ·
i agree. The standard oil pump is sintered. Sintered metal is produced my melting and forming mixtures of metal powders, so its light, cheap and not very dense. Ok, so your pump might be fairly new, but i wouldnt hold much hope of it coping with 250bhp and 8500rpm for too long. A steel gear set would definately be on my shopping list.

#35 ·
you didn't get one when you did you oil pump the other month:confused: :confused:

Matt anything else you have kicking about that might interest me?? - Oh btw got the rods back from South Cerney, they've done a real nice job on the little ends. Nice big '8' groved in them as well to spread the oil as I'm goona run the noz (as recommended by Swindon & SC). Also got a set of glyco 40 be shells while I was at it. Humm, nice!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.