Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Valver Nova clutch cable problem

810 views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  BobfisH 
#1 ·
Ok first night of driving the nova fully legal last night with all mods declared before people start on at me....

Takes it for a drive and no problems heaters got hot etc... lovely... Oil pressure and tacho are not working yet... oh well weekend to sort them out.

Sprung a very small water leak - This was due to the heater matrix pipe being slightly bent from the inlet manifold. I have by passed the heater matrix for now till the weekend to sort the pipe out... No more water leaks... lovely.

Second problem was the clutch cable....i took it for a bit of a burn and the clutch kept getting stuck on something.....Then eventually it snapped and the rubber had melted and caught fire at the top of the pedal.. **** myself and put the fire out no problems....good news... only a little flame which burnt some sound deadening...

Only problem is the clutch cable has snapped.. Getting new one today but i need help with the position it sits in as it look pretty tight behind that inlet manifold and thats why it snapped.

also help with what wires from nova loom mate up with which ones on the cav gsi engine loom for Tacho, Oil pressure, Reverse lights, and ecu.. I know lee may has told me but i lost the details.

Cheers for the help in advance.

See less See more
#28 ·
nova clutch cable is easy - you can take the inlet manifold off, then insert a ratchet handle into the hole that the clutch cable sits in. Bend this towards the o/s front wheel...youll be sorted. Then all you need to do is push the rubber of the clutch cable into the hole and it shouldnt snap.
Heater matrix hose i just cut it down to about a centimeter sticking out of the bulkhead, and put a few bumps of solder on the pipe to make sure the pipe dont slip off

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.