Hi, Im curently saving for the 174 Throttle body kit from SBD, but a site i was reading on the net advises that it may be better to go the supercharged route for reasons listed below.
Im no expert on either system, and would welcome your opinions please.
(1) Both (after all loses have been considered) offer around a 40bhp increase. Some more.
(2) Simpler to install, setup, and remove.
(3) Both offer a smooth torque curve across the rpm range.
(4) Reasonable close in price.
(5) Able to disingage, and turn off when not required.
(6) Will not effect emissions tests for mot.
(7) Less noise, where noise is a concern.
(8) Less starting problems, and less initial maintenance although servicing is required every 40,000 or so.
Question: I need a way to mod my 2 litre Ecotech engine, and know that the TB kit im saving for is designed specifically for this, which carries weight in my book, but how compatible are Superchargers in comparrison ?
Ideally want to be able to re-use any kit again if the car is changed.
Thanks for any advice offered.