Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Corsa C12NZ high fuel consumption??

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  LongLiveTheNova 
#1 ·
HI guys i need some help with my brothers corsa 12nz. He broke down one day and called the rac out who found out he had run out of fuel Now he only does around 50miles to £10. All the 1.2s ive owned have been near to 40mpg. We then found that the fan switch is spinning in the rad and someone pinned the fan plug so it was on constantly. So we presumed that because the fan was on it was lowering the engine temp and therefore keeping the choke on? and dumping extra fuel in?. So now i have changed the temp sensor in the inlet manifold and plugged the fan switch back on ( even though i believe the switch is faulty but unremovable hence the pinned plug).

So any ideas where i go now it ran out on me after 17miles on £5 since it ran out the last time it will idle a little but when you press the throttle it dies. Ideally i need to put £20 in but i cant afford it tbh if its only gona do 100miles. Could it be another faulty sensor? Faulty Fuel pump? i serviced it yesterday all filters and plugs etc.

Any help is massively appreciated!!

#4 ·
hi mate im in stourbridge near dudley, i know thats my problem there so simple! ive been told to clean the 02 sensor and if no luck replace it? its my bros car and hes driving from dudley to wednesbury everyday so its fairly stop start to be fair?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.