Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

x16xe nova saloon conv help needed?

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  jstanley 
#1 ·
hi, just put a x16xe engine from my corsa sport into an a reg nova & its runs for 2 secs then cuts out. I believe its because i havent yet put the transponder for the chipped key into the nova yet. Anyone know how to wire this into the nova? Plz help.

#3 ·
hi. i wired mine in like this.

Transponder at ignition barrel:

Red wire to battery 12v
black wire to ignition live supply
Brown straight to chassis/earth
brown/blue to your ECU warning light (brown/yellow choke wire)
blue/black to large rectangular plug for immobiliser signal
blue/red goes to the blue red wire at speed senderplug on gearbox.

#5 ·
the rectangular plug is comming off the ecu side. the blue/black wire comming from the transponder has to be joined to the blue/black wire comming out of the retangular plug it has the wires that were used to wire in the engine. you will need to get a speed sender its for the ecu speed signal. to fit the speed sender u unscrew your speedo cable from the gearbox then screw the speed sender onto the gear box and then screw your speedo cable onto the speed sender. i think you can get 1 off a 1.2i fuel injected nova. the speed sender has 3 wires comming from it 1 is an earth 1 is a live and the other goes to the rectanguar plug i forget which colour is wich but i will find out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.