Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

HELP!!x20xev coolant pipes...

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Matt-b gsi 
#1 ·
hi everyone, i urgently need some assistance..... Does anyone know where the all the coolant pipes go on the x20xev lump?
Ive built a x20xev turbo up and stuck it in my corsa b. I have fat pipes connected, its just where the heater matrix pipes and header tank and two pipes on the head (the little ones) go that is ****ing my head around lol.

Any help or diagrams would be very very much appreciated:beer:
cheers
Matt:dog::cat:

#3 ·
dance!! you built a x20xev turbo yet cant figure out the pipes? lmao.. PICS?

well the header tank usually T's into the 'fat' pipe that goes to the radiator, the pipe on the side of the head facing the bulk head gots into the heater matrix, the return from the matrix should T into the solid pipe that runs along the back of the engine...

take some pictures of the bits your not sure of..

#4 ·
lmao im dancing!!
Cheers mate, i had this horrible feeling you were going to say about 't' ing into fat pipes etc.... im going to have to go for the c20xe/let coolant gallery to avoid doing that in that case lol. Heres a quick pic of the unfinished engine bay, its going to be running megasquirt, pm me if you want more/better pics mate....

#6 ·
Cheers mate, nah couldnt deal with the upkeep lol. Any idea where the small pipe off of the thermostat housing goes? (believe it just goes back to the header tank) and also where the small pipe off of the small housing next to the inlet manifold goes? (similiar look to the thermostat housing)

#7 ·
small pipe on the stat goes to the skinny inlet on the header tank and the fatter one ( header) goes to the rad top pipe (the skinny one on the passenger side) the other pipe Ts into the fatter of the 2 header pipes unless your plastic rear pipe has an outlet it can just loop back to.

matrix pipes are simple, one to the fat pipe at the back and one to the bottom of the header.

get a project thread up, don't worry about being up to date just dump pics in when you can, I have 2 neither are up to date.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.