Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

izusu 1.7 td

988 views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  SteveM 
#1 ·
hi all, my engine is starting burn oil an down on power an fuel consumption, so with 254k on the clock i think its time for a rebuild now. i no you can boost bhp on these engines by tweaking fuel an turbo. am just wondering can u mod these engines like u can a petty ie cams bigger valves up the compression? ive never heard of any1 actually modding a lump from factory standard.. can any 1 shed any light on this ?????

#2 ·
there was one person i cant remember where i seen it but he had a 1.8 petrol cam in his but dont hold me on it im sure it was in his astra but cant seem to find anything els about it

has your engine got a cat ??? i'd check it to be sure mines blocked and mines was down in power alot keep this posted tho would like to know more about this :)

#7 ·
if its a project i think people are willing to try new things but if its there daily runaround or a car they need last thing they wanna be is stranded i would be tempted to get a isuzu engine and experiment

#12 ·
ive had a read tho the how to post, but thats still on about timing fuel an turbo, am wanting to actually mod the engine then do the external mods.

do these engines do better with a higher compression or lower ? can u port an polish, skim the head, fit bigger valves, over sized pistons? ive found loads on external mods so speak off but not found any think on engine mods from factory standard

any help lads would b mint

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.