Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Matching engine and gearbox help plz

603 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Gav_GSi 
#1 ·
Ive got an mk3 astra 1.4 with a c14nz engine, unsure what the gearbox is as carnt find the code, would i be able to drop a x20xev engine to my original gearbox?

Also would i be able to drop the x20xev straight into a mk3 astra with a diesel gearbox, it had a 1.7td engine in it but carnt get it to turn over so ive got a spare x20xev i want to drop in.

Thanks for your help in advance peeps

#3 ·
Also would i be able to drop the x20xev straight into a mk3 astra with a diesel gearbox, it had a 1.7td engine in it but carnt get it to turn over so ive got a spare x20xev i want to drop in.
if 17td, then yes, it has f16 gearbox (bigblock).
if x17dtl then no, it has f15/17 smallblock gearbox.

why are you thinking about gearbox what you have? i think that cost of other swap parts much expensive, so you can buy f16/18/20 what you need.

#4 ·
Cheers for that ive got a running vetra with the x20xev engine in it which im striping to put on my diesel mk3 astra van, car cost me £50 so sticking with that until i can find a redtop again just not sure whether to just drop the engine or the gearbox out the vectra yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.