Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

20seh throttle bodies/carbs?

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  kwkmanta 
#1 ·
Anybody know of places that stock these? seen a nova in TV last year with a set anybody know this car? Is it possible to buy bodies and get a custom inlet etc.. ie build my own kit.

#6 ·
All depends on what sort of cash you want to spend.Theres loads of setups but all depends on what sort of power your after and how deep your pockets are.Bogg bros do some amazing manifolds for bike carbs/bodies but are about £230.
Then theres the ignition side of things to think about.You can use something like megajolt or the setup that h&h do for carbs or megasquirt ect for bodies.
For an seh engine id go for a bogg bros manifold,r1 carbs and the h&h ignition.

#7 ·
Carbs are old hat but as you say cheaper but their far from ideal IMO

Tb's are a much nicer way to go, still not a fan of either bike carbs or tb's as they never give the same results a set of Jenveys or similar do.

I don't know why there is most probably very few well done bike carb/tb conversions where as there are hundreds of good Jenvey setups which always give good results as its a well worked out package.

#8 ·
Totally agree,but all depends on what budget you have to play with at the end of the day.Ive gone with gsxr bodies on a cutdown manifold with m-tech v3 on my xe.Would have loved to have got a set of jenveys ect but just cant afford them at mo.
Bike carbs give good power for the money if set up right and are way better than webers ect.

#9 ·
cheer for replies guys. emailed that chap on ebay but said his inlet wouldnt fit i put its for my 2.0 corsa seems to throw people sometimes even though it will fit.

i think tb are better as they seem easier to setup with better management.

just after advice off people really.

with carbs poeople run standard management do they?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.