Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

DTA S60pro VS idle control valve?

3K views 21 replies 4 participants last post by  leesturbo 
#1 ·
is there anyone who have with succes used this idlevalve with DTA S60pro?

And what settings did you use?

Rgds
Patrick

See less See more
#11 ·
Tried the settings above.
it´s not 100% accurate with my settings as i got a newer software, or did you have an older ems Leesturbo?

Anyhow, it didn´t work.
as i fiddled around with the settings, the only reaction i had was REALLY low idle,like 450rpm.
the valve anyhow at it´s resting point is a little bit open(i guess it´s 'starting' air)
And when rotating a little bit it closes, then it starts open again(still rotating at the same direction)

I guess the only thing that happened when i was fiddeling was that i got it to close.
Todays testing is to get the epoxi resin away and adjust it to closed at rest.

anyone tested this?
and anyone tested DTA with ....516 and got it to work?

and one more question,, is it possible to make the connection wrong?
like positive on negative?

#12 ·
Been adjusting a bit again today.
Modified the valve so it can never close.

left it in ~1200rpm hardware adjust. unplugged from electric with engine running.

later on i connected it, and how the FFFF can the idle get lower?
and lambda wen´t down to 0.75, with no correctiontable for lambda filled in, all numers are 0 zero zit nada...

it´s like an hidden adjusttable that activates.

#17 ·
are you using any other compensation tables?
basically i just learnt what settings did what over time "playing and learning" :nod:
dtaforum.psycode.com :: Index
Yes,, i had to go deeper,, placed my laptop in my enginecompartment and wired a button to crank the engine so i could look at the valve in idlecontroller at the same time.

this is how i came up with the values in the post before this one.

and my experiences of that forum is quite bad actually.
There´s a certain guy that are all over the forum just saying how good he is to map, and leaves out the answer´s people are in need of.
And he´s bragging about his skills to map are so good that he doesn´t need any idlevalve.
Well,, everybodys engine isn´t like his engine i guess *lol*

we´ll see tomorrow if lambda still messing with me.

#16 ·
these setting does keep the valve closed at cranking, i changed to an unmodified one.
The Hertz were a thing that had to be tested, when having 24hz as leesturbo´s settings the valve rattled really annoying, and i got really strange openings and closings of the valve.

and i have to use the PWM map, only PID loops as i had at first doesn´t work with this valves.
80% in the map keeps it fully closed.
And 100% fully open.

And when using PWM map the 'target rpm' doesn´t work either, As you 'hardmap' the valve to be open certain amount at different rpm´s.

Should be interesting tomorrow when i start the engine again.
I´m having guests at my house this evening so i can´t have exhaust fumes in whole house *lol*

#18 ·
the copy of my map with perfect working idle valve setting is hopefully at my mappers
i lost my copies from harddrive fails
i'll phone them monday if they are back for work after the holidays.
i seem to remember that 40% in the map was closed for my valve or a value you'd not expect i.e 0% closed 100% open it was more like 40 - 80 if you get me

#19 ·
i see an added table for your S series enrichment
so presumably that compensation table is to add fuel as the idle valve opens to keep afr's correct i would say ?
yes those setting may not have been my final map idle settings so please don't pay to much attention to them
but i'll deffo try get them as said

#20 ·
Finally!!
got it working.

the PID loops i found out yesterday worked the charm.

But!!
The trick is to NEVER let the Idlevalve to 'loose' the engine.
As i got light flywheel,clutch and crank my engine drops fast down to idle.
and the time it took for the valve to 'catch' the engine were to long.
Now i let the idlevalve adjust from 100rpm to 8000rpm
rpmband looks like this:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Temp band looks almost the same.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

- = means a ****load of more numbers i didn´t remember *lol*

to reach 1050rpm idle the values in PWM map were around 84.5%
lower rpm = more open valve,max value 88% down at 100rpm
Higher rpm all the way up to 8000rpm were 82%

Now the engine idle´s at 1050rpm and sounds like an std XE engine with sportsexhaust, really cool actually =)
and yeah.. lambda 1 also ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.