There was a lot of thought in this and a very large supercharger post but these are the reasons why I plan to convert my GSi to a turbo when I am able.
1) It's the reason why I bought it in the first place.
2) The XE in it currently is not the best I've had.
3) I want stomach wrenching torque with a kick.
4) I've never owned a turbo car.
5) I don't want to be overly limited with power upgrades.
6) Vauxhall made a turbo engine, and a very good one at that.
7) I want 6 forward gears.
8) I want silly gains from cooling, chips and cams.
9) I wanna be around for Phase 5.
10) Do I need any more reasons?
The shell is excellent, as is the interior but it was owned by monkeys.
I'm gonna keep it as is, blown exhaust, fuel smell and all and then as the funds increase, strip it down and re-build it as I want it.
Finally a bit of direction.