Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

V6 intakes

303 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ollied 
#1 ·
Are there any performance gains that can be had from a certain type of v6 inlet

For example would the intake of a vectra work better than the intake from a cav on a c25xe or are they all pretty similar. Im talking about the upper sections of the intake not the lower divider sections

Just there is a mint vectra in my local scrappy that the local yard monkeys havent found yet was gonna strip a load of bits off it tomorrow

Also when did the cavs stop having xe's in them, as there is a face lift cav down there its an sri but i couldn't get the bonnet open to see the top of the engine, looks to have single V aux belts though, sorry if im being a bit of a noob

#2 ·
nope dont bother with the veccy inlet there ussless on a v6 cav,vectras suffer from flat spots due to them,there much more restrictive and far more complex than they need to be...mind they do look cool and sound better

and they redtops ended in 94 so i think k/l reg were the last to house the redtops....why u seen one down ransom road???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.