Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

trouble removing oil pump xe

485 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  scooby-KILLER 
#1 ·
rite removed all botls etc and it seems that some thing is stoping it from coming of and cant sea any thing that would prevent removal? any help would be great!!

#3 ·
the block is bear bar the crank assembly, no sump crank pully etc etc the only thing that looks like its holding it on is this bearing shaped metal ring? on the end of the crank, it had a black seal/washer that i removed but still not cuming off:confused:

al try and get pics asap! cheers!!!

#5 ·
i wouldn't feel so :doh: if the sump etc was still on it!! but its just block with basically pistons rods crank and the bloody oil pump,

the only way i can try and describe it without a pic is, o/p end of the block oil pump (wedding ring type band) stopping the pump slide of the shaft,

well that's what looks like its stopping it coming off! but the band/ring looks to be pretty well stuck the the end of the shaft protruding through the oil pump

hope that makes sense??

cheers!!

#9 ·
You need to get the bottom crank pulley spacer off before you can remove the oil pump.
Water pump pliers normally do the trick, but try not to damage the outside area where the oil seal runs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.