Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

F16 gearbox change but problems

858 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Benno 
#1 ·
Ok so my brother brought a Corsa B GSI and the release bearing went, he also has an old corsa B with a 1.6 lump (from an astra mk3) in the garden, and the gearbox seem to have better ratios and more smooth change, so we decided to swap them.

All fine until we realised that the F16 from the astra lump has an electrical speedo and the one in the corsa is mechanical, we have everything from the old corsa, how much of a ball ache is it to change the car from mechanical speedo to electrical??

I am thinking just swap the relase bearings, but then the electrical box is nicer. Thoughts?

#6 ·
I've got an f16 gearbox on my xe and the car is a 1.2 16v corsa, I got told to get a different type speed sensor because the speed sensor on the 1.2 16v gearbox(f13) doesn't work on the f16.

So I got hold of the other type of speed sensor and it doesn't work on the f16 either So now I'm going to change the clocks to mechanical drive

if anybody knows a way to make the electric clocks work I'd like to hear it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.