Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Corsa 1.4 16v problems, needs solving asap

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  pillows.com 
#1 ·
Hi,

Ok got a corsa sport that seems to hesitate on acceleration, revs clean but seems to rev slower somehow. Got the timing gun on it today and its showing some strange results, the timing marks arnt lining up properly (the cam timing is spot on) instead of sitting there in line, the mark is jumping back and forth and wosre, is actually retarding when i rev the engine instead of advancing... Which would explain why it appears to be 'flat' or hesitating on acceleration. It's had all new sensors everywhere except the knock sensor but this tested fine (tapped on the block and could see the timing retard right back) The only things that are left are the ecu itself and the coil pack. obviously i have already spent a small fortune on sensors etc so looking for advice before i go any further.

What are symptoms of a faulty coil pack, misfires and stuff i would presume, or would it actually cause the timing to retard too?

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Gearbox never changed, always done it since i had the car, shows no typical crank sensor faults i.e revs going mad, cutting out, rev counter needle playing up etc... Car runs like a dream except when accelerating it feels like its holding back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.