Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

exhaust help???

294 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  novaguy08 
#1 ·
My exhasut has started leaking before the cat, and the problem i am confuddled with is if i was to decat it would it be ridiculously loud, dont want it loud or would it be best toi have it repaired?

Need to have a look under and see how bad the crack/hole is.

Thnaks

#2 ·
My exhasut has started leaking before the cat, and the problem i am confuddled with is if i was to decat it would it be ridiculously loud, dont want it loud or would it be best toi have it repaired?

Need to have a look under and see how bad the crack/hole is.

Thnaks
if you decide to de-cat it, it could be hard to get it through the emission test on ya MOT

#3 ·
as its probs an X14XE (echo tech) judging by the "drives" bit of your bio it would be pretty much impossible to get it through unless you know a good tester who is willing to put another car thru the emmisions test

#5 ·
not sure how much louder it will be, but either way your still going to be tackling rusty bolts ect both 3 times at MOT time and if you shear one before you get it tested your gonna need a new one before it goes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.